"The Princess and the Pauper"

JISOO' s POV

I woke up suddenly with the distinct feeling that the woman sleeping besides me was trembling uncontrollably from cold while her arms were all tightly wrapped around me.

I instinctively checked on Jennie only to find out that her fever was up again, giving me a sudden rush of panic.

"Jendeuk. Wake up. You're trembling."

"Oh Gosh we overslept. You need to eat and take your meds." I said worriedly as I look at the huge wall clock and found out that it was past two in the afternoon.

Fevered and shivering, Jennie felt too weak to respond and instead she just let out a soft groan and snuggled closer to me while her palms intuitively sought for warmth and found its way inside my hoodie again.

"Jennie please wake up. Gosh you're burning with fever. I need to take you to the hospital now." I uttered panicking as I look around for Seulgi and Yeon but the two had already left leaving just me and Jen alone at home.

"No Chu. I don't want to go there. I'll only be left alone there."

"Please don't take me there." Jennie just responded while her lips were pale and trembling.

"But you're burning with high fever Jen. Gosh, what should I do?" I uttered panicking while hugging her tight. I was about to get up to get her meds when Jennie halted me off and pulled me closer to her.

"Don't leave please."

"Don't take me there. I don't want to be left there all alone." She mumbled with her eyes closed still shivering which felt like a prick to my heart hearing the sadness in her tone.

Has she been that lonely all her life that the thought of taking her to the hospital makes her easily anxious?

I held her tighter and placed a soft kiss in her forehead while I gently caressed her back which somehow eased her budding anxieties. I felt her grip loosened a bit, signaling that it's making her somehow calm and relaxed.

"Sssshhhhhh. Hush now. I'm not going to take you there Jendeuk."

" I am not leaving you no matter what, okay?"

"Just let me get some food for you so you could take your meds. I'll be back right away." I whispered softly, placing another kiss in her forehead. She finally opened her beautiful cat eyes and looked up to me with pleading look. I don't know why but there was something in her eyes that I couldn't really figure out.

All I know is how sad and scared those eyes are.

"You're not gonna leave me?" She asked sounding a little doubtful. I smiled at her and chuckled a bit before I tilted her chin, kissing her in her cheeks.

"I will never leave you Jendeuk. Not unless you let me go." I uttered in all sincerity and her face suddenly turned all flustered as she smile warmly at me.

"I'm your Pikachu right?"

"So yeah, I guess you'll always have me as long as you keep me." I uttered grinning at her and Jennie's already flustered face turned more red which she tried hard to hide but her lips were showing otherwise. She scooted closer to me and hugged me warmly, making me smile even more.

"Feeling a little better now?" I whispered at her as I caress her back and Jennie just responded with slow nods.

"You know what would make you feel better?" I asked smiling at her and Jennie instantly looked up to me with hopeful eyes.