bloodlust

Lila's POV

"What? What would happen?" I exasperated.

"He's hot, isn't he? Sweating, shivering, making awful sounds?" He asked.

"What's going on?" I growled.

"Bloodlust, Lila. He needs to feed." He sighed. "Animal blood alone isn't going to satisfy the hunger in him." He whispered.

I gasped and dragged in a shaky breath. "Got it." I drawled, letting out my breath slowly.

"Wait!" He blurted. "There is another option..." He hesitated, taking a deep breath. "We could make him go cold turkey, so to speak. The risks are high, and he may not survive it, but his bloodlust will only get worse, and he'll be murderous." He continued.

I snarled, a rasping, deep sound echoing throughout the bathroom. "Why the fuck would you even suggest that?" I hissed.

"Lila, vampires feed on human blood for years. They build up a tolerance for it; they don't get addicted. He's not used to human blood." He sighed. "He's drunk so much human blood and vampire blood. There's no saying what it's going to take to quench his first." He groaned.

"We both know what's going to help." I declared. "I'll speak to you tomorrow, thanks," I grunted.

"Lila, no!" He shouted down the phone.

I could hear my dad's voice, "give me the phone, Athan." He demanded.

"You aren't bonded... Once he starts to feed, he'll forget who you are. His bloodlust will make it damn near impossible for him to stop or control himself." He explained.

"So you're saying if we are bonded..."

"The bond will be set. Beloved bonds are strong... You're a wolf, so I'm not sure exactly what would happen, but I would say it would be stronger. Vampires feed on each other when they are bonded and don't lose control." He finished with a sigh.

I hummed in response before ending the call. I dropped my phone on top of my clothes and leaned against the sink. Well, there's one way to solve the no bond. A thud from outside of the bathroom startled me. I rushed over to the door and pulled it open.

Alarix was stood in the hallway swaying slightly. My eyes scanned over his toned body. He was still sweating; beads of sweat were dripping down his chest. He looked so pale. He stumbled back and braced himself against the wall.

I couldn't peel my eyes from him. Even in this state, he was gorgeous. He was wearing nothing but some tight boxers, and I had to force my eyes away from the bulge. It left nothing to the imagination... I could clearly make out the outline.

I groaned internally and snapped my gaze to his face. "Are you ok?" I raised a brow, stepping towards him.

He held his hand up in front of him shakily. "Don't follow me." He grumbled, moving backwards.

I raised my brow and chuckled. We were standing at the end of the hallway. There was anywhere for him to go moving backwards. "You're not going anywhere." I rolled my eyes.

He raised his brows at me and cocked his head to the side. "Bossy little thing, aren't you?" He smirked.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes again. I moved slowly until I was between him and the stairs behind me. His eyes shone with amusement as he chuckled.

The chuckle was harsh and sounded cold. It didn't sound like the sweet chuckle I'm used to from him. All this was new... Wolves don't get bloodlust. I'm out of my depth here; I have no idea how to talk him down or what to do.

"You need to feed, right?" I huffed.

"I can't keep anything from you, can I?" He grinned sadistically. "You see me, the real me... The cold-hearted monster." He sneered as his fangs elongated.

I stood my ground and didn't flinch. I wasn't scared of him... I knew if push came to shove, I could probably take him down... Subdue him enough to knock some sense into him. "As I said before... We're the same," I growled, displaying my canines that were pushing through.

"No! I need blood to survive... You don't." He argued, pointing at me.

"Ok... So, you need to feed, yes?" I rolled my eyes and leaned against the wall, folding my arms across my chest.

"Yes. Now move so I can go feed." He grunted, trying to push past me.

I shoved him back and shook my head. "What are you going to do? Prowl around the village for someone to feed on?" I asked sarcastically. "I know animal blood isn't going to cut it, so you're going to need a human," I grunted.

"It doesn't matter what I'm going to do." He rolled his eyes before his face set in a deep scowl. "It doesn't concern you."

"Of course it matters. It does concern me... I'm your beloved!" I screeched. "You're going to go out and find a random fucking human to feed on and do goddess knows what with. Of course, it fucking matters, idiot!" I growled.

He flinched slightly and backed away. "Your bloodlust is consuming you, Rix." I sighed.

"You don't know what you're talking about." He shook his head and grunted.

"Yes, I do." I declared. "You have me now... Feed on me." I fumed, lifting my hair away from my neck.

He sucked in a breath and groaned. "I.. Can't." He grumbled through gritted teeth.

"Yes, you can," I whispered as I slowly moved in front of him. "We were made for each other, Rix. What better person to help you than your beloved?" I asked. "I'm the best of both worlds. I'm a half-human and half-animal." I chuckled.

"I've never fed on a wolf before... I don't know how I'd react." He whimpered. "I've never wanted to feed on someone as much as I do you. It scares me." He whispered.

I reached my hand up and gently stroked my finger along his fangs. "It's because I'm your beloved..."

"We aren't bonded. What if I can't stop? What if I can't control myself?" His eyes were flickering between my lips and my exposed neck. He was seriously considering it. I pressed my body firmly against his before grabbing ahold of one of his hands.

I brought his hand up to my mouth and placed a little kiss on his palm. "Can I mark you?" I breathed, dragging my canine down the pad of his middle finger.

His eyes went wide. He sucked in a breath as his eyes switched to red. I snaked my hands behind his head ad leaned up onto my tiptoes. I could feel his excitement and arousal push against me. I groaned and rubbed myself against him.

"If you need anything at all... You come to me." I deadpanned before crashing my lips against his.