you, my boy, are a warlock

Elias' POV.

I leaned on the wall as I admired the castle grounds. We have definitely been hidden away. Even if someone came to look for us, they would get lost around here if they didn't know their way. The castle is surrounded by mountains and a forest that seems to go on for days.

When we arrived yesterday, I was a little nervous. I grew up around wolves; they are all I've ever known. Now I'm being surrounded by vampires, and being the only witch is quite daunting. At least Levi and Lila have each other; they are the same. Alarix is a vampire, so he fits right in.

I had to stay away from witches because I'm a male, so I've never had the whole species community. Warlocks are dangerous beings. All they do is practice dark magic; they are much stronger than a witch, so witches are afraid of my kind. I feel alone in the world. My mum kept me hidden away from her coven. She said she was concerned for my life, but I don't think that's what it was at all... she's scared of me, sometimes.

I'm hoping King Darius can get me in touch with a witch. My mum is an amazing witch, but I don't think she tells me everything. I don't think she wants me to excel with my magic because of how dangerous I could be. But I need to learn to control it, and if that means figuring out exactly what I can do, then that's what I need to do.

I don't want to lose control and hurt someone... I don't want to hurt Levi. I know Alarix helped on the way here. I'm grateful for what he did.

"Are you even listening, babe?" Levi growled.

I turned around, sighing. "Yeah, totally," I answered.

He raised his brow at me, an amused smile playing on his lips. I dropped my head down and took a deep breath. "Ok.. No, I wasn't listening." I mumbled.

I pushed off the wall and sauntered over to where he was sat. "Sorry, what did you say?" I asked.

"There's a witch that lives north of here." He replied.

I sat down next to him at the table with my eyes wide. "Really? How do you know?" I questioned.

"King Darius has made contact with her... He trusts her." He smiled at me. "She's expecting you." He added.

I dragged in a shaky breath and leaned back in the chair. "Is it safe? I mean, you know how deep their fear goes for me," I muttered.

He stood up before coming over to me, kneeling in front of me. "I will come. Lila and Alarix could come too. You're safe with two wolves and a vampire." He reassured. "She's alone here. She doesn't have a coven or anything." He assured.

I nodded. "I need to find a way to stop this before it's too late... before I do some real damage that I can't take back." I whimpered.

"We'll figure it out together." He promised, lifting my hand and placing a chaste kiss on my knuckles.

He gripped my hand and pulled me up. "Come on... I've linked Lila. They're going to meet us in the foyer in ten minutes." He commented.

I nodded and followed after him as he led me back into our room. The king really went all out for us. This room is spacious and stunning. A huge four-poster bed that we have already tested out because Levi is insatiable. A little living room area with a two-seater sofa and flat-screen television. It reminds me of a penthouse suite in a hotel.

The ensuite is gorgeous. A walk-in shower with jets littered all over the walls. A corner bathtub with jets too... It's probably a jacuzzi. I can't wait to relax in there later on.

Levi disappeared into the walk-in closet before returning, holding a parka coat. "Here. You're going to need this." He stated, passing me the coat.