lila's wolf

Alarix's POV.

I leaned against the wall opposite the front door. Lila asked me to stay here while she went outside. Someone is here that wants to meet me... I don't see why they didn't come in or why she went out there alone, though. I chuckled and leaned my head backwards.

Even though I made a complete fool out of myself last night, my gorgeous beloved still chose me. I behaved shockingly, and I'm so ashamed of it. I realize it was because of the bloodlust, but I wouldn't have blamed her if she kicked me to the curb.

Last night was amazing. I never expected the marking to feel like it did or indeed taste as it did. I have never had that kind of pleasure before; the immense pleasure coursed through my body.

Feeding on her was out of this world. Human blood doesn't particularly taste very pleasant, but Lila could quickly become my favourite taste. I felt lightheaded; it was the most delicious thing ever.

The mark imprinted on my neck is extraordinary. It's such a beautiful symbol, the royal vampire crest with a wolf's head in the middle. I don't know why I have the royal crest mark... I'm not exactly royalty. I need to speak to the vampire king. Asking my parents is out of the question. I haven't seen Lila's neck properly yet. I didn't notice if my mark took on her... I hope it did. I need the world to see she's mine.

"Rix... We're ready for you. Come on out," Lila chirped.

I moved over to the door. I drew a heavy breath and gripped the handle. I have no idea who is awaiting me. Vampires have a dreadful reputation, so Lila's pack might not accept me.

I tugged open the door, holding my breath. My eyes went wide, and I gasped. In front of me, standing proudly, was a magnificent dark grey wolf... Lila's wolf.

I had seen her before in her wolf form, but I paid little attention to her details. Her fur was a stormy grey, so thick and lustrous. I bet it would feel silky if I ran my fingers through it. Her deep brown eyes were so dreamy. The longer I gawked, the further I was in a trance.

"You're beautiful." I breathed, moving one step closer to her.

"I thought it was only right you meet the other half of me. I'm going to give her full control... Her name is Lola." She disclosed through our link.

I'll never get used to hearing her heavenly voice in my mind. I'm flabbergasted at the mindlink. I had no idea this kind of thing was possible. Well, I guess anything is possible now different species have been blended.

"Lola," I whispered.

Her ears pricked up, she panted happily, with her tail wagging slightly. I smiled timidly at her and went forward until I was standing in front of her.

I hovered my palm just above her head, waiting for her to make contact. She reared her head, pressing her snout against my hand before swiping her tongue along the length of my palm. I snickered, pulling my hand away.

"Do you want to run with us?" Lila asked.

I grinned at her, nodding my head eagerly. Running through the forest with my beloved by my kind is my kind of paradise.

"Let's see if you can keep up." She chortled as Lola snapped her jaws playfully. She thrust a backpack towards me with her paw. I picked it up, strapping it to my back.

I winked as they darted off into the forest. I stood there gaping with my mouth open. Fuck, she's fast... I winked, and she was gone. Every time I learn something about her kind, it shocks me.

"You coming?" Lila giggled.

I concentrated my sight. They stood proudly on top of a collapsed tree. I was in complete awe of her. As far as beloveds go... I hit the jackpot. I dashed forward before gliding to a stop next to her.