Chapter 3

"Oh my god! Are you okay? What happened?" My throat gets dry. Don't panic. Don't panic. Don't panic. Don't panic. But there was a shiver in my voice. It's a sign of being panic.

"It is nothing." She says avoiding eye contact. She does this when she lies, I know her enough to tell that.

"It clearly is not nothing. TELL ME." I sound desperate but I care about her so much, I just can't bear to watch her like this.

"Oh god!" she says. She is trying to act all cool but I can tell by her face that it is not cool at all.

"I was grabbing coffee from the coffee shop.." she starts "....but I hit a guy and the coffee was spilled over his shirt. I said sorry but he was fuming at me. I didn't know what to do but another guy stood by me. They started to fight and I jumped up between them and I got hurt. There is nothing to worry. It is minor." She says.

Liar. What a story.. like I don't know. Her expression says it all. Couldn't she make up a better story? She knows better than that. Should I talk to her about Parth? Is it a good time? She looks tired. I don't know. What if he is the reason behind her injury? I am going to kill that jerk. I can't control it. I can't take any risk.

"Who was the guy? The one who rescued you" I ask rubbing my temple with one hand and another on my hip. I stop myself from asking about him.

"I don't know, I didn't get to know his name. I didn't even thank him." She says hitting his head from her fist.

"You should've thanked him. Where were you after all this ended?" I ask with a rude tone which I should not use.

"I don't know." She says quietly thinking about something. Lost in her own mind. "You ask so many questions. I am hungry." She runs to kitchen again avoiding the conversation. What is going on in this little head of her? I hope she will not get into any kind of trouble. I should just drop the topic of Parth for now.

She made food for us and I worked on the manuscript till late at the night after dinner.

I wake up at six and brush my teeth. I enter into the kitchen and find Trisha making coffee and breakfast. I can't tell what happened to her. She is acting whole different, in a good and a bad way. I don't know what to feel about this change.

"Good morning." I say with a smile.

"Good morning" she says and turns her head to give a half smile. Oh my god, her eyes.. when did those dark circles appeared? She looks horrible. She looks at my face and turns away.

"What happened?" I ask with a concern in my voice.

"What are you talking about?'' she asks without turning her head.

"You already know. Don't play innocent." I snap and immediately cursed myself. Why I always talk in that rude and bossy tone? I know she is rolling her eyes.

"My semester is starting from January. I was just studying whole night. I will be busy this month. You know? Christmas and New year." She says politely.

"Oh, Good luck." I say and we both eat the breakfast in silence.

I rush to take a shower and start to get ready by wearing a yellow kurti and light blue jeans. I straighten my hair and apply kohl under my eyes after applying concealer under my baggy eyes. I wear ear rings to add more traditional look and put my transparent heels. I grab my bag and run for office. I shiver as soon as I was out of the building. I forgot to wear cardigan and Delhi's cold is alarming. It's always been. I still avoid wearing heavy clothes. I don't like them but then I shiver and regret not wearing them.

I reach to the office on time and start my work. I don't know when does the half day get over. I was so into the new blog that I forgot to look at the clock and I am hungry. I walk out of my office and banged into someone who was coming from the other side, out of my view.