01. hello victor

CHAPTER ONE
( ! hello victor ! )

JULIET BANVILLE HAD no idea who she was meant to be

JULIET BANVILLE HAD no idea who she was meant to be. She'd always been surrounded by people who knew exactly who they were and who they wanted to be, but she just could never relate.

Because how could she know who she was when she didn't even know who she would love. Her world was a bunch of question marks and none of those questions seemed to be getting any closer to being answered.

She knew she liked guys, that was for sure with her hardcore crush on Felix Weston for as long as she could remember. The only problem with that crush was that Felix also happened to be Juliets best friend since diapers, and she was not about to mess that up.

But she also knew she liked girls. Because Maeve Johnson existed and how could she not be confused on who she was when one year older Maeve was around.

And then to top it all off her older brother Jack seemed to know exactly what he was doing all the time. He was openly pansexual and was beloved around Creekwood. He didn't feel a burning in the pit of his stomach when he thought about who he was, because he already knew.

But Juliet was far too confused 24/7 about what her role in this world was to even have enough time to figure it out. She often found herself wasting time on worrying.

Though, when she was with Felix and the two walked around town with iced coffees or whatever the special drink of the day was, Juliet had some time to forget all about her internal struggles.

Or even when she went shopping with Mia and Lake because the two girls wanted new handbags and always wanted the third girl in their trio to join in, she was able to forget. Though shopping always brought the undisclosed money problems Juliet and her brother faced.

For her mother wasn't in the picture anymore. Off with guy number whatever (Juliet had lost count after 15) while her dad drank his sorrows away. Which left Juliet and Jack to basically fend for themselves and keep themselves off the streets.

They did good though. Jack had a few jobs around town while Juliet was working at a pet shop. She didn't have much of an interest in walking around a store all day that just smelled like different animal foods in different sections, but whenever her manager let her keep any of the animals company Juliet was happy.

Juliet didn't talk about her home life. She had always believed it was no one else's business how her family ran. But sometimes she felt like she was drowning.

Drowning in the worries brought by a lack of money, drowning from the ever growing fear that Felix would one day find out about her attraction towards him, drowning at the idea of growing up and continuing to not know who she was, and drowning as the pit in her stomach grew every time Maeve Johnson even looked her way.