11.5: Who Are You?

CHRISTOFER

CHRISTOFER

"THANK goodness at gising ka na anak!" I heard a voice speaking loud just near me. Each part of my body was quite hard to move and I even struggled opening my eyes.

"Teka lang anak, tatawag ako ng doktor." 

The person who said that was a woman. And according to how she addresses me, I'm most likely his son. While trying hard to open my eyes, I suddenly felt my head ringing, and hurting like crazy.

"Aghh!" It was like my scalp was hammered. My temples were like being pinched by strong giants.

Everything was black but I know I am lying down on a bed. Then as seconds pass by, a light source just above me starting glowing. I was able to open my eyes, and there I saw, the same black surrounding but with a huge mirror in front of me. I moved my arms but I realized I was locked in a chain. Even my legs were also locked.

"Let go of me!" I yelled. I forced myself to sit. My hands and feet were still pressed to the bed. What the hell is going on here?

I stared at myself in the mirror. I was wearing a hospital gown. My hair was at any direction, tangled and curled. I averted my gaze to my arms. They were scarred and bruised. My legs on the other hand had little stains of blood on it.

Suddenly, a strong and cold breeze blew around me. I looked back at the mirror in front of me, and I furrowed my eyebrows when it cracked. My eyes knitted while staring at the mirror. And there, I felt shivers down my spine as I noticed that my reflection was moving on its own.

My actual head was just fixed on the mirror, but my reflection was turning its head, emitting worry and fear in his eyes.

"S-sino ka?" I almost lost my sh*t when my own reflection talked to me. "Sino ka, sabi!"

I bit my lower lip. Deep inside, I felt the urge to answer his question. "My name is Christofer, Chris for short."

The nickname Chris came out of nowhere. I just thought that it's a good shortened version of my long name.

"Chris?" he repeated. He stared at me as if he's examining me.

Everything is still unclear for me. Why in the earth am I talking to my own damn self?  "How about you?" I asked.

"How about me?" He seemed confused with that. This is impossible. I am probably dreaming right now.

I heaved a deep sigh before speaking. "Who are you?"

He raised a brow on me. It looks like he didn't expect that question. "Ako? Christofer rin ang panagalan ko. But I call myself Tofer."