The Arrival

The Cave

Abigail's cold, dead, and horribly mangled corpse lies on the rocks, next to a small tunnel leading to a mine shaft. A low humming sound can be heard, before a dark obsidian Nether portal appears in the cave in a bright display of light. A small band of Wither Skeletons step out, followed by their commander, General Naeus. He walks over to Abigail's corpse, and has his Withered henchmen lift her up and bring her into the Nether portal. He orders another 2 to check the area, as to make sure it isn't a trap, and they come back with no result. He instructs the remaining Wither Skeletons to re-enter the portal, and takes one last glimpse at the cave before entering.

The Nether Fortress

A small band of Wither Skeletons come out holding a damaged and broken Abigail, the fall having twisted her body so bad that the horror is indescribable. The General steps out after them, accompanied by the scouting squad he had instructed to ensure they weren't followed. General Naeus speaks to the Pigmen guards awaiting him at the portal entrance. "Take the girl to King Glutton. I will seek my apprentice and see if there is anything he can do to help her." The Pigmen nod, and carry Abigail in the direction of the Nether Kingdom's throne room, where Glutton resides.

General Naeus marches to the quarters of his apprentice, Harbinger, also known as 'The Magician' for both his incredible talent with arcane magic and eccentric personality, much like that of a magician, accompanied by two personal bodyguards. Naeus opens the doors upon reaching them, finding his apprentice with a spell book by his side throwing arcane swords at a bull's-eye target. As the General clears his throat, one of his apprentice's swords goes flying at Naeus. He draws his own in a flash, cutting through the arcane blade in a lone, clean slice. Harbinger clears his throat and stands up, the spell book closing and levitating around him. "My apologies, master. I was a bit surprised, and-". Naeus speaks. "You need to work on your control, young Harbinger. All of your power means nothing if you can't control it correctly." His apprentice nods. General Naeus signals for his guards to give him some space, which they do, and step outside of the doorway and close the doors as to give Naeus and his apprentice their space. 

"I assume you need me, my General?". Naeus nods, walking over to the large window overlooking the fortress. "Indeed. I think I may have found an heir to the throne, however they are heavily... Damaged to the point where even our best scholars and artisans can't save her. But you aren't like them. These are natural abilities for you, where for others they are given. I was curious as to see the extent of your healing abilities." Naeus turns around, facing his apprentice. The Magician stands wordless, not knowing what to say. He finally forces the words out of his mouth. "I can try... But I can't guarantee that it'll work." Naeus nods, understanding that he is asking his apprentice, a relatively new and untrained practitioner to bring someone back from the dead.

Naeus leads his apprentice, Harbinger, over to the King's chamber, where the potential heir's body lies mangled on the floor. He gets uneasy just looking at it. He sighs and begins reciting an old Nether spell, and Crysteffor's body levitates from the floor. The Magician's eyes glow a bright white, and dense rings appear around his wrists. He himself begins to levitate, showing signs of struggle. Naeus and Glutton alike both watch with a certain intensity, waiting to see how powerful this apprentice really is.

A bright flash sends throws everyone in the room backwards, including the King. The Apprentice levitates down, before collapsing of exhaustion, his spell book floating next to him. Shallow but audible breaths can be heard, and Abigail, lying in the center of the room, is fine, all her wounds repaired and bones unbroken. Glutton orders a few of his guards in a heavy voice. "Bring the girl to the arcane laboratory. See if they can remove her memories, and maybe even turn her into Netherkin." They nod, and pick up Crysteffor and walk off towards the Arcane Lab.