Three

"The biggest boyband?" Younger Harry gasps. "It- it can't be! We didn't even get first place in the X-Factor, and our album probably won't even get to the first place on the charts when it's released!"

"Yeah!" Younger Liam agrees. "I couldn't even get people to come to my 16th birthday party!" He immediately feels tears welling up in his eyes. How he wishes the dream could end right now, bringing him back to reality.

No, that's not true," Older Liam argues, shaking his head. "When the time comes, you'll see."

"Um... guys? Wanna come in? It's really awkward standing at the door." Younger Zayn points to the sofa in the living room.

Older One Direction nod and take off their shoes, leaving them at the doorway.

"How I miss this place..." Older Harry says as he sinks into the plush sofa.

"I know! Haven't been here for ages!" Niall agrees.

As older One Direction take their seats, younger Louis asks, "so what year do you all come from? How did you arrive here?"

"Oh, we're from 2015," says Liam. "Do we know how we got here, boys?" The older guys shake their heads.

"Seems like we randomly just appeared here," older Niall chuckles. "I definitely can't remember how we ended up here. Well, that doesn't really matter anyway."

Now, sitting in better lighting, the younger boys study the older men- their hair, eyes, arms.

"Why do I have so many tattoos?" A confused younger Zayn asks, pointing to older Zayn's arms. He has never understood why someone would even get a tattoo, it just cost and hurt so much.

"Well... I don't know..." Older Zayn looks down sheepishly at his arms. "Maybe you'll understand later on."

"Do you have a girlfriend, older Liam?" Younger Liam asks his older self. "Is it Danielle?"

Older Liam opens his mouth to speak, but quickly shuts it again. After a while, he sighs. "I'm afraid I can't tell you, Liam. But yes, I do have a girlfriend, she's pretty and amazing and I feel so lucky to have her."

"How many albums do you guys have now?" Younger Niall asks curiously.

"Four," older Harry answers immediately, grinning at his bandmates.

"Four?" The younger boys' eyes widen. It seems just about impossible- they're still such a small band, their debut album isn't even released, and yet their future selves are right in front of them, with four albums and much more fans behind their back. To the younger boys, it was so unbelievable how the five guys right in front of them know everything that would happen in the future, and the younger boys feel as if they have the older boys' past in their hands- one step gone wrong and it could ruin the older boys' career as well as reputation.

"But how... how will we even get to that point? It seems like that would never happen, we're just a small band who appeared on the X-Factor and that's that! I mean, how far will we even go?" Younger Liam exclaims.

As older Liam opens his mouth to speak, older Harry suddenly points to the tv. "Look!" The news is still on and the words "One Direction Get Mobbed" are on the screen in bold letters.

Turning their attention to the news, the 10 guys hear the news reporter say, "today afternoon, we had one of the fastest growing bands in the world, One Direction, leaving a studio in London! Insiders stated that the band was mobbed by a large group of girls, who came from countries all around the world, from Argentina to America to the Philippines." Then, they proceeded showing a short video clip of the boys running toward their vans, with fans pulling and pushing them from all around. The younger boys shudder as they recall the scenario from a few hours ago.

"See?" Older Harry says. "People have come from all over the world to see you. Guys, you might not know this, but you're already one of the biggest bands in the world. Your first album isn't even out yet and there are already so many fans behind your backs. Wait till your album comes out- there will definitely be chaos all around the world."

"That's true," Older Louis nods. "Don't underestimate yourselves, my dears. We've-" he gestures to the older One Direction boys, "we've been through this stage you all are at. Hopeful, yet somewhat helpless. Boys, you have to believe in yourself. You will make the album a success. You will continue be the biggest band in the world. We know your future- we are your future."

Everyone stays silent for a moment, staring at the ground.

"Will we really get there?" Younger Niall squeaks, unsure.

"Yes, I'm sure. I can promise you that," Older Niall nods at his younger self. "Look at me, here I am, with your bandmates from 4 years later, in the biggest boyband. Nothing is impossible, Niall." Older Niall chuckles as he realises that he's technically talking to himself- not just anyone, but his younger self. Then, his face turns serious as he continues, "maybe you don't believe me yet. Just wait till you guys see it and experience for yourself. The good days, man." He smiles and shakes his head.

Just then, the clock strikes 12 midnight.

"Guys, I think we should go." Older Liam points to the clock. The older guys nod.

"See ya," Older Zayn says as all five of 2015 One Direction each hug their younger selves and give them a pat on the back before making their way to the door.

"Believe in yourself. You guys have been doing great. Keep going, we can't wait for you boys to get to where we are right now. When you look back, you'll see how far you've gone." Older Liam says. Looking at each other, the five older guys nod. With one last glance, they smile at the younger boys before disappearing into the night.