let's ditch

#changedtoscriptwritingbciwantedtotryit

date night

the hostess show you guys to your table and you guys ordered accordingly. the view was stunning. you could see a clear vision the purple-lit tokyo tower and all that came to mind was sweet shoyo.

sakusa on the other hand, while you were admiring the lit city, he was busy trying to think of questions to ask to get to know you. sure he hated that he's actually doing this, but in the process he's actually gaining a new friend. one who doesn't annoy him as much as his teammates.

you turned back to sakusa reading the menu. you gotta admit, his little curls falling from the top of his head to the front of his face, kinda super cute. he was just so... into it? like he looked so. natural.

you scanned the menu and as soon, your eyes widened,

y/n
twenty eight thousand yen
for a damn piece of lamb?!?
what a rip off!

while you were looking through the menu, sakusa didn't actually do the same. he already knew what he was gonna get before meeting up with you. the man wanted to do a little research so that everything goes in tip top shape. so, while you were looking at the menu, sakusa was looking at you and your shocked expressions.

sakusa
"is something wrong?"

sakusa noticed after a while of looking at the menu your face was nothing but pure shock and...? disappointment?

y/n
"yeah. it's just... everything is so
expensive! i can't afford anything!
well i can, but there's no way i will!
like for example,"

you leaned over to his side of the table and showed him the salad section of the menu,

y/n
"ten thousand two hundred sixty
yen for cut up lettuce, crunchy bread,
and sauce??? i could go to a ramen
stand and feed thirty four starving
people with that money!"

the prices were astronomical. the cost for a salad for one, was enough for thirty four people to have a filling ramen bowl from a local ramen stand. plus, in the process you'd be supporting a small business rather than a chain restaurant who's prices can only serve the wealthiest five percent of the population.

sakusa could obviously see you weren't enjoying the place... or the food... or the prices... or the fact that the ex you're trying to make jealous is here, and he simply came up with a solution.

you on the other hand, while sakusa came up with his solution, you kept struggling to find at least one thing that was under six thousand yen.

y/n
"erm, sakusa. i know i mentioned
that i was excited to eat here, but-"

sakusa
"let's ditch then"

y/n
wait, what??

it's like he read your mind before you even got to your point! maybe he was planning it?! he is the type to think more rather than talk more, you noticed that about him. but, for you? probably not. at least, not yet. you didn't think you guys were close enough for him to think about what you wanted or thought about. during this stage of a new friendship, he would usually go with whatever the other person suggested in doing and later progressed to putting in his thought/reading them to develop a thought.