e l e v e n

"Well this looks fun" Loki says to the two women sarcastically as they walk past a group of people waiting for the train who are yelling.
Anitas heart is hurting. These people are clearly going to be left behind. She has seen it happen countless times. She has the cause of such things more times than she can count.
"Come on" Sylvie snaps back.
"We can't fight our way onto that train"
"Who said anything about fighting?"
"All your plans involve fighting"
"Not this one" Sylvie smiles proudly.
"I'm going to enchant a guard, have him lead us through this crowd and if anyone gives us any trouble.."
"Make him start shooting and then what? Kill every guard and hijack the train?"
"Whether or not there's a fight is up to them"
By this point, Anita was trailing behind, taking in the sight of these people. They all knew they were going to die. She wanted to save them, every last one of them. And yet she couldn't.
"We're doing this one my way" Loki starts before they turn and see the girl is further behind them than they thought.
"Anita, come on!" He calls and she runs towards the pair quickly.
The god grabs onto both of their shoulders once she reaches the pair and steps to the side, shifting himself into one of the blue guards outfits.
"How do I look?"
"Like someone with a shit plan"
"I liked the jacket better"
"It's a great plan!" He says ignoring the assassin.
"Just follow my lead" he says grabbing both of their shoulders and pushing them forwards.
Anita could see the bystanders watching them and she tried to ignore it, but the images of their sorrowful eyes were surely going to haunt her dreams. They shouted loudly at the guards in front, not understanding why they couldn't get on the train.
"They're only giving tickets out to the wealthy! What about us?" A woman shouts as they make their way onto the platform.
She wants to trade her place with all of these people. Save them. Be the hero she had the potential to be. Instead Loki pushes her further forwards as she wipes away the tears that are spilling out of her eyes. They make their way up to the guard who is waiting at the door and stand for a minute as he tends to the people in front of them before they board.
"Whoa, hey!" He stops the three of them as they try to walk forwards.
"Taking these two to Shuroo"
"Okay? And the tickets?"
"Orders come from the top to get these two women on the train"
"Sir, this-"
He is cut off when Sylvie presses her hands to his body and enchants him making Anita marvel at the green glow coming from her fingers.
"Everything okay?" Another guard asks and they nod.
"Yeah I just remembered that the headquarters radioed in the request for them this morning" he says motioning to the trio.
"Okay" the other guard says before they step aside and let the three onto the train.

•••

The three of the runaways made their way into a fancy looking room that had many different species of people sat in the booths surrounding a small bar in the middle.
"Good evening passengers, hi" Loki attempts to seem professional which makes Anita shake her head at his attempt.
He leads the two women over to a booth and Sylvie sits down first, making the other girl slide round to be in the middle.
"Uh look, I cant go backwards on a train" Loki says, slight vulnerability coming through.
"Well I never sit with my back to a door" Sylvie snaps.
"What? There are doors on both sides"
"Just sit down" she sighs.
"FYI, that wasn't even a plan"
"Oh really?"
"Plans have multiple steps, dressing as a guard and getting us on a train is just doing a thing"
"He still got us here" Anita whispers as she lets out a yawn, knowing she was becoming tired.
Sylvie followed after her with that action.
"Oh you a bit tired? Feel free to yknow, get some rest" he says sarcastically before the girl next to him slaps his chest.
"That doesn't apply to you, you deserve some sleep" he tells her softly and she nods as she pulls her knees into her chest once again, an action she had done many times.
It almost showed how protective yet vulnerable she really was. The man next to her watches as her eyes closed and she almost instantly fell asleep. Her face going from one of stress and worry to one of peace.
He continued to speak with Sylvie before she turned to the sleeping girl next to them. She was out cold. Nothing would wake her.
"What's the deal with her?"
"She has a name"
"I know, but what's the deal with her, she clings to you like she's a sheep following your every move"
"I met her a while ago, she had been kept in a small cell, they called her one of the paranoid, I didn't understand what was wrong with her but she's stuck by my side for some reason, she trusts me and I trust her, she's scared though, of everything" he tells the woman across from him honestly.
"And you care for her?"
"Yes I suppose I do"