Chapter 10

Marshall walked into the bedroom. Madelyn was coming out of the bathroom. He closed their door behind him and just watched his wife. She went into their closet to get her pajamas. He sat down on their bed. 

"What's going on?" she asked. 

"What do you mean?" he asked, slightly playing dumb. 

"Marshall."

"Analise is apparently pregnant."

"What does that have to do with Maverick?"

"She's claiming it's his."

Madelyn stopped dead in the doorway and her jaw dropped. 

"She's doing what?" she asked. 

"She says that the baby belongs to Maverick," Marshall repeated. 

"That little hussie."

"I know babe. We are going to handle it. I promise our boy will be protected the correct way."

Madelyn shook her head. She couldn't believe that this girl was trying to trap her son. She wanted to go to her boy and assure him that he would be all right. She looked at her husband. 

"I'm getting it taken care of the right way," he promised. 

"I know Marshall. I just can't believe that our son is going to have to go through this mess," she sighed. 

"I know."

She couldn't believe that she was going to have to worry about it. She looked at the doorway, thinking about going to her son. 

"Madelyn, I have it under control," he said. 

"What does Ella think of all of this?" she asked, curiously.

"She is cautious from what I understand."

She nodded. He wasn't sure how this was going to effect his family. 

"What are we going to do?" Madelyn asked. 

"There is nothing that we can do except wait until the baby arrives and get a test to prove one way or the other," Marshall said. 

Madelyn felt bad for her son. She always wanted to fix everything for her kids and this was something that she couldn't fix right now. She knew that the girl had plans to try to trap her boy. 

"He doesn't think it's his because of Jamison," Marshall said. 

Madelyn nodded. She knew that her boy was smart but she worried about what these little girls thought they could get away with when it came to her boys. 

"Marshall," she began. 

"Babe, worrying yourself to death about it isn't going to help anything," he said. 

She nodded. He pulled his wife into his arms. She smiled and kissed his lips. He ran his fingers through her hair. 

"I love you, and we will get through whatever life throws at us." he said. 

"I love you too babe." she replied. 

"Don't worry about Mave. He'll be fine."

She nodded. She was going to worry about her son though. It was part of being a mother. She wanted to go down the hall to talk to him. Marshall refused to allow her to do that. 

"Babe, give him tonight. He didn't want to have to tell you," he said. 

"How did he think he was going to hide it?" she asked. 

"I don't think he thought that all the way through."

She chuckled. 

"Let's go to bed mama," he said. 

"Sounds like a plan," she grinned at him. 

He pulled her back on their bed and into a deep kiss. She wrapped her arms around him and pulled him in closer to her. He took his time and made sure that she was completely satisfied before they were done. She fell asleep in his arms. 

The next morning, Madelyn was up getting the kids ready to go to school. She looked over at her oldest son as he came into the kitchen. 

"Good morning Mave," she said. 

"Morning Ma," he replied. 

"What are your plans today?"

"I have practice after school."

"All right."

"I know dad told you."

"Of course he did. Your father and I don't keep things from each other."

"Ma, I don't know what to do."

"Sweetheart, there is nothing that you can do right now. You have to wait to find out if it's yours and then we handle it. If it's yours, we love the baby and have a new family member. If it's not then you move on and live your life."

He nodded. He knew that his mother was right. He wasn't going to be able to do anything until the baby was born. Analise was refusing anything that may put the baby in danger and Maverick was ok with that because of the possibility of it being his child. 

"What does Ella say about it all?" Madelyn asked. 

"I am scared she's gonna leave me," he admitted. 

"Yeah? How come?"

"She is nervous about the whole thing. I don't think she will stay if it's mine."

"Do you know when she is due?"

"No, she said she's ten weeks."

Madelyn nodded. He had to head out to school. She kissed his head before he left the house. 

"I love you son. Dad and I are here for you," she said. 

"Love you too Ma," he replied. 

He walked out of the house. She took the younger ones to school. Marshall was awake when she got back. He looked at her. 

"Morning beautiful," he said. 

"Good morning handsome," she replied. 

"How was our boy this morning?"

"He's worried. He will be all right though. I think his biggest fear is that if it is his that Ella will leave him."

He nodded. Madelyn leaned against the doorframe. Marshall walked over and put his hands on her waist. She kissed his lips. 

"They'll be fine," he said. 

"I hope so. I don't want to see my baby get his heart broken," she replied. 

"He'll be fine. He is a tough kid."

"Marshall, how often did you really want to be a tough kid when you got your heart broken?"

"You and Kim say I don't have a heart, so."

"Shut up."

She laughed at him. He grinned. He kissed the end of her nose before going off to start his day. 

"Marshall," she said. 

"What princess?" he asked. 

"Where do you want to go for vacation this year?"

"I don't know babe. Maybe we should ask the kids."

She nodded. Their family vacations had just expanded to add the new members of the family. It was nice. She enjoyed the time with them without all the drama of their every day lives.