Chapter 11

Maverick walked down the hall toward his first class. He had a weight on his shoulders now that he had to deal with this mess. Ella walked over to him as he stopped at his locker. He glanced at her. 

"You ok?" she asked. 

"You still mad at me?" he asked her. 

"I'm not mad at you, Mave. I just don't know how to deal with this. I mean I am a freshman in high school. I am damn sure not ready to be someone's step-parent."

"I don't blame you for that but I don't know that I am ready to be someone's dad either."

"You shouldn't have slept with her then."

"Ella,"

She walked away from him. He sighed heavily. He figured that things were going to continue this way until they had answers. He hated it but there was nothing that he could do about it now. He slammed his locker shut and caught up to his girlfriend. 

"Ella, I swear I used protection with her. I'm not dumb. My dad has had that talk with us a million times," he said. 

"I'm sorry Mave. I am just worried that it's going to be yours and you are going to have to deal with that psycho for the next 18 years. I don't know that I can be around for that. She is going to take advantage of it because of who your dad is." Ella replied. 

"You think I don't know that. She wants the ability to say that she has Eminem's grandchild. I don't want that. I don't want to deal with her. But I won't abandon my kid either if it is mine. I can't do that. My dad didn't do that with me or my siblings."

Ella nodded. She felt for him, she just didn't know if she stand by and watch Analise treat Maverick like trash. She would most likely quickly go to the media for a paycheck. Ella wanted to talk to the girl but didn't think it would do anyone any good. She loved Maverick as much as any freshman girl could love a boy. She wished that he would have waited and not had sex with the other girl but she couldn't change it. She wanted to be there for him but the images that ran through her mind, frustrated her. 

Maverick slid his hand into hers and kissed the back of her hand. She sighed heavily. He walked toward the classroom with her. 

"I'm sorry, Ella. I wish I could change it," he said. 

"It's all right Mave. We will get through this somehow," she replied. 

He nodded, kissing her cheek before she went into the classroom. He continued down to his English class. He was sitting in a desk when the teacher walked in. He was stunned by who walked in behind her. 

"Class, we have a new student joining us today. Please welcome Analise Sayors," Mrs. Johnson said. 

Maverick's jaw was on the floor. The teacher pointed to a seat next to Maverick. 

"You have got to be kidding me," he mumbled under his breath. 

"What was that Mr. Mathers?" Mrs. Johnson asked. 

"Nothing."

"You have a problem with your seat?"

"I do actually."

"Maverick," Analise hissed at him. 

"I refuse to sit next to her," he told the teacher. 

"And why is that?" Mrs. Johnson asked. 

"Because she is stalking me."

"Mr. Mathers, that is a serious accusation."

"I understand that."

He was sent to the principals office. He rolled his eyes as he walked down the hall toward the office. The secretary looked up surprised to see him in the office. 

"Maverick Mathers, I was sent to see the principal," he told her. 

"Have a seat, I will let her know that you are out here," she said. 

He nodded and sat down. The door to the office opened. Analise stood there. He sighed heavily as she entered the room. 

"Maverick, can we talk?" she asked. 

"We have nothing to talk about," he replied. 

"We kinda do. I mean we are going to be parents in 30 weeks."

"No we aren't. You are. I am nothing until a paternity test says otherwise."

He stared at his hands as he waited for the principal. He pulled out his phone and quickly text his father. He wasn't going to deal with this for the next few months. 

Marshall: She what?

Maverick: She is in my English class. I'm waiting for the principal.

Marshall: Have them call me

Maverick: Will do

"Maverick Mathers," the principal called. 

He got up, ignoring Analise and walked into the principals office. Mrs. Hendrix looked up as he entered the room. He took the seat across from her desk. 

"What's going on Maverick?" she asked. 

"I guess I got sent here because I refused to sit next to the new girl," he said. 

"Is there a reason that you refused to sit next to her?"

"Yes ma'am, she is my ex-girlfriend and just told me last week that she may be pregnant by me. I told her I want a paternity test and then she just happens to show up in my English class."

"What is this girl's name? I want to compare your schedules."

"Analise Sayors."

He sat quietly while she did some looking on the computer. 

"All right, here is what we are going to do. We are going to change your schedule. Somehow she has your exact schedule which I will be looking into." Mrs. Hendrix said. 

"My dad wants you to call him too," he said. 

"I will do that after I get this taken care of. We are going to change your schedule around so that you do not have any classes with her."

"Why can't her schedule change?"

"Because unfortunately you are the one that doesn't want to tolerate her in the classroom. She doesn't have an issue with you in the room obviously."

Maverick sighed but nodded. 

"You will still have the same classes, just in a different order," she said. 

"All right." he replied. 

She handed him the new schedule and sent him on his way. She called his father after he was out of the office. He walked down the hall to his new first period class after stopping for the correct book. He walked into the room. Mr. Harrison looked at him. 

"You're a bit early," he said. 

Maverick handed him the new schedule. The teacher nodded and pointed him to an empty seat in the back. He was annoyed because he had two classes with Ella and now he didn't have any because of the change.