1. | i'm not coming home

i was supposed to meet kuroo at the cafe, but i was running late. i was too caught up with the project for my university class. quickly getting ready, i got in my car and drove up to the cafe. it was a 10 minute drive from my apartment.

seeing the red traffic light, i stopped my car and watched as other cars passed by. the light turned green and i started driving. the next thing i knew, a car didn't make the red light and hit me, making my car flip over.

the car had hit my side, which squished me and i was unable to move. my head hurt terribly and i saw through the mirror that my forehead was bleeding.

the last thing i remember seeing was the ambulance and the medics rushing towards me.

all i could think about was kuroo. and how he'd react to me not arriving on time.

»»——⍟——««

𝑘𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑜'𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣:

i checked my watch and saw that [y/n] was 20 mimutes late. i tried calling her phone, but she hasn't answered any of my calls.

an hour had passed and [y/n] still hasn't come. i was starting to worry, but maybe she got caught up in homework or her job, but she would've let me know. i decided to leave the cafe and drive to her apartment.

while driving to the apartment complex, i saw a street closed due to an accident. i don't know what happened, but the car looked pretty fucked up, it kind of looked like [y/n]'s car.

i arrived and knocked on the door, but no one answered. i tried calling [y/n] again and this time someone finally picked up, but it wasn't her.

"h-hello?"

her mom picked up, maybe she had somewhere to be with her.

"is [y/n] there? we agreed that we'd go on a date at the cafe and she didn't arrive so i'm at her apartment and-"

"kuroo, she's- she got in a car accident and they- she's in the hospital right now.."

don't tell me that was actually her car.

"i'm on my way." i said and hung up.

on my way there, she was all i could think about. and it was my fault, i told her to meet me there and i never asked if she was busy. she was probably running late, so she tried speeding.

when i got there, i immediately asked the receptionist where [y/n] was. they told me the room, i thanked them and basically ran to the room. i saw [y/n]'s parents sitting on some chairs outside of the room.

"is she okay?" i asked, i was so anxious at this point.

"she broke some ribs and is internally bleeding." her dad said. her mom couldn't speak due to her shaky breaths.

"they're doing some tests on her right now, but she'll be fine." her dad reassured.

a doctor came out and told us that they have to perform surgery on [y/n] right away. he gave me permission to enter the room and the first thing i did was hold [y/n]'s hand. she was still warm, she didn't look that injured except for the bandage on her forehead.

several doctors came in, indicating that i had to leave the room. i kissed [y/n] one last time before leaving the room. i waited outside of the room with her parents, while they did surgery on her.

she's going to make it, i'm sure she will.