5. | and that's the story of how i died twice

five months have passed since i died. i spent these last four months with my parents. i found my dog, and he keeps me company. i could talk to him all i wanted without anyone hearing me. kuroo hadn't come for about two months, which got me worried, so i decided that i'd go back to kuroo, since my parents are doing okay.

i stepped outside of the house and saw my mom in her garden. she and my dad were watering a plant, in a pot i decorated when i was younger.

my dog's tail started wagging when he looked at them.

"stay here and watch over them for me?" i asked my dog.

he stuck his tongue out and smiled at me. i smiled back and gave him one last hug before he ran to my parents. of course, they didn't know he was there.

"goodbye mom, goodbye dad." i said and left.

i walked back to kuroo's apartment. stepping inside, i saw him running around. he was getting ready, i don't know if for his job? or maybe an interview?

he received a phone call and immediately answered. he said something along the lines of, "i'm on my way."

he ran outside and got in his car. i looked inside his apartment and saw that he had a calendar on the wall, very organized of him. on this day, he has marked, "cafe with alisa @ 5"

who's alisa? perhaps a coworker? or someone hiring? i didn't know which cafe he'd go to, so i went to the cafe we were supposed to go to before i died.

i arrived at the cafe and saw kuroo sitting at a table with a blonde girl. so that's alisa. oh right! it was one of his teammate's sister. they kept talking and laughing. i wish i could do that with kuroo one last time.

their waiter brought a single drink to their table, and added two straws. just like kuroo and i used to do. i watched as they shared their drink, with bittersweet emotions. i was glad, that kuroo can find happiness, not with me, but with someone else.

i saw him smile, maybe not at me, but after all this time he still smiled. so i smiled too.

"goodbye kuroo tetsuro."

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 ➵ t. kuroo // angst 🎉