𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

"I may be heartless, but you naive."
--- ♔ ---
Aurora Vega

I woke up in my bed, the sun was shining through the windows brightening the room. I sat up and looked at the clock. It was 4:00 pm. I winced at the pain that was in my ribs as I got up. I walked to the bathroom and took a shower. The warm water washed the blood that I had on my shirt and face off, relaxing me a bit.

I wrapped a towel around my body and looked in the mirror. My lip was starting to heal, my face was bruised along with my ribs. I decided to ignore the pain and get ready. I dried my hair and curled it.

"Where's my necklace?"

No, no, no.

I threw on a pair of shorts and an oversized shirt and looked through every place in my room, I search the dresser, the bed, all my clothes, in the bathroom and it was no were to be seen. Then I went downstairs and searched the living room, kitchen, and dining room. Nothing, I didn't see it. I just wanted to cry. After my mother's death, her necklace was the only thing I had left of hers. I had to sell everything else I had.

I went back upstairs and closed the door slowly sliding down as I leaned back against it. I brought my hands up to my face running my hands through my hair. Tears began to cloud my eyes. This was too much, with the pain that was circulating my body and the headache that was beginning to become worse.

"De todas las cosas que podría haber perdido, tuve que perder lo que más significa para mí." (Why, out of all the things I could have lost I had to lose the thing that means the most to me.)

"Mierda." (Fuck)

"Mamá estaría tan decepcionada de mí." (Mama would be so disappointed in me.)

When I took my hands away from my face I noticed a black colored dress laying across my bed. I must have been so focused on finding my necklace I didn't see it. I walked over to it. There was a note attached to it.

We will be leaving at 6:00 pm. Wear this and come downstairs when you're ready, I will be waiting.

A few hours had passed and it was time to get ready. The dress was beautiful, it was skin tight with a slit that revealed my thighs. I paired it with a silver necklace, and matching bracelet. I put in long sparkly earrings also. My hair was done to perfection. It was curled and ran down my back.

I stood at the body length mirror for a minute making sure everything was done to perfection. There wasn't a strand of hair out of place, my dress wasn't wrinkled and fit like a glove. If I wasn't feeling so shitty I might be more excited. There have been very few times in my life I got to dress up and look my best. I made my way out of my room and down to the main floor.

Men wearing suits stood at the door with women attached to their hips. Diavolo's mother was standing with the man from dinner. I assume he was her husband. Diavolo came into the room shortly after I arrived looking angry. He was on the phone with someone. "Aurora!" Diavolo's mother exclaimed. I send her a soft smile. "Hey."

She came up to me. "You look," she looked me up and down with a huge smile on her face, "gorgeous darling." She complemented. "Thank you, so do you," silence filled the room for a brief second. "How are you feeling? You got quite a few good hits to the ribs." The women looked disappointed. "I'm fine, they still hurt, but I can manage," she smiled, showing off her white teeth. "Well don't worry, that will never happen again. I'll make sure of it."