|| 5 ||

a/n: hello :)

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

Ayden smiled at his phone, where he was texting Techno as he popped a piece of gum into his mouth. 

They'd exchanged numbers after the stream a few days ago, which Ayden considered to be a wonderful development.

Beside him on the airplane sat Bess, looking very much more chill than Ayden could ever be while on a plane.

"Glad to see that you and loverboy are hitting it off." Xe commented out of nowhere. Ayden laughed and shook his head.

"Loverboy, my ass. We are friends." He insisted. Bess raised an eyebrow.

"Dude, read off your contact name for him. That shit is not 'just friends' material." Xe insisted. Ayden hesitantly glanced at his phone.

His contact name for Techno was just 'techno <3'. Nothing special, y'know? It was totally normal to have a heart next to someone's name! Especially good friends of yours, right?

"I know you're trying to justify it right now." Bess grumbled. "And I guarantee you're crushing on him. Your contact name for me is just three middle fingers."

Ayden rolled his eyes.

"Oh, please. I didn't deny that I'm a simp," He clarified. "But he doesn't think that way of me. No fuckin' way."

Bess sighed.

"Oh, Ayden, my naïve little boy." Xe shook xer head in disappointment. 

"Oh, Bessie, my dumbass parental friend." Ayden shot back with a roll of his eyes.

There was a rumbling sound that made Ayden want to sink into his seat and cry. 

ayden: oh myy ogd the plane is fuc king rumbling

techno <3: plane?

techno <3: wait, you have a concert in california, right?

techno <3: oh thats tomorrow i totally forgot

"Fan be-fucking-havior," Bess informed Ayden, reading over his shoulder as they both tuned out the safety readings from the flight attendants.

ayden: yeahj

ayden: im really fuckinbg scared of planes

ayden: aw shikt airplane mode time

ayden: bhy e 

techno <3: dont worry, you wont crash

techno <3: im sending my energy (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

techno <3: nothing goes wrong when you have my energy

techno <3: anyway bye have a safe flight

Ayden let out a fearful sob as he read the text, putting his phone on airplane mode and tucking it away. The plane was taking off, and Ayden was dying.

"Bessieeee--" He wailed quietly as the plane began to gain altitude, swallowing hard but making sure to not swallow the gum he was still chewing. "I don't wanna die--"

"You're not gonna fucking die." Bess reassured gruffly, sounding annoyed despite holding Ayden's hand in comfort. 

Ayden just buried his head in xer shoulder, squeezing his eyes shut. Xe didn't comment on it, just silently letting him be dramatic.

2 hours later, Ayden woke up and realized he'd fallen asleep. Now Bess was the one who was asleep, making Ayden chuckle softly.

A flight attendant walked up with a little snack/drink cart and smiled politely at Ayden.

"Would you like anything?" she asked quietly. Ayden appreciated the effort to not wake Bess up.

"Can I get a ginger ale?" He whispered with a nervous smile. "And for xem, a Coca-Cola, please?"

"Of course." The flight attendant happily whispered, handing over the cans and glasses with ice in them. "Anything to eat?"

Ayden thought hard.

"Um...pretzels?" He requested. The flight attendant provided.

"And for xem?" She questioned with an easy smile, clearly having taken note of the pronoun previously. It made Ayden beam so wide his face might split in half.

"I think xe would like pretzels, too, if that's okay." He whispered with a nod. The flight attendant gladly handed over another packet of pretzels. As she started to move on, Ayden hurriedly tacked on, "Have a lovely day!"

The flight attendant seemed to brighten at the words.

"You too!" She whispered back.

Ayden cracked open his ginger ale and sipped at it. 

California, huh?

Solo1st weren't exactly touring, per se, but they were having a concert in California for whatever reason. Bess was the one who arranged it, so Ayden couldn't be completely certain of the reason.

Ayden had never been to California. How exciting. He personally lived in Michigan, the state of bipolar fucking weather and otherwise nothing interesting.

The mitten of the United States was a nice place to be, but again, nothing interesting was there. Ayden was excited to see one of the more well-known states, especially since its climate was apparently so much different than Michigan. 

Wait a minute.

Ayden wondered why he was suddenly remembering something about California. What was he remembering? 

Bess organized this. Why did Bess organize a random California concert?

...didn't someone live in California?

Ayden's jaw dropped and he just barely stopped himself from punching Bess in xer sleeping face.

God fucking damn it, Bess, this is on purpose!

Ayden glared at xer sleeping form.

Technoblade lived in California.