|| 8 ||

a/n: HI see i just finished watching sasaki to miyano and now im in the mood to write Individuals Being Incredibly Homosexual

--

Techno met Ayden backstage almost immediately. Bess had been the one to let him in. As xe put it, "There is no one Ayden wanted to impress more than you, so go be impressed already."

Ayden had taken off his mask and was wiping sweat and paint off of his face when Techno burst into the backstage area.

"THAT WAS SO COOL!" Techno gushed, letting his stoic reputation fall if only for a moment. "I-I was not expecting that at all!"

"T-Techno!" Ayden seemed surprised to see him. "Well, I meant what I said! I probably would've puked onstage if not for what you said."

Techno found himself smiling. 

When had he started smiling so much?

What an odd feeling.

Around 3 days later, the dye still hadn't fully washed out of Ayden's brown hair, and the smile had yet to melt off of his face.

Techno felt warm inside just being around Ayden. 

Currently, Techno and Ayden were walking past an appliance store together. They were hanging out because Bessie had "business" to do (Ayden said xe was just being a lazy fucker).

Techno's gaze snagged onto a pretty fireplace. He'd never thought of a fireplace as pretty--but then again, he'd never thought of a man as pretty.

The fireplace was made of bricks that were all different shades of brown, but they were almost perfectly cut. The filling between each brick was evenly applied and there wasn't a single chip in the brick. Even the fire itself, which danced in its dark little cave, was pretty.

Techno paused as he looked at it.

Not a single shade of brown matched Ayden's eyes. 

The fire didn't dance with nearly as much elegance as Ayden did when he performed.

Ayden's smile was warmer than any fireplace could ever be. 

"You're second place," Techno whispered to the fireplace through the display glass, narrowing his eyes at it. Ayden was, obviously, first place. 

No matter how pretty that fireplace was, Ayden was ten times prettier. 

"Te-chno?" Ayden called, dragging out the first syllable. He noted what Techno was looking at. "Oh, a fireplace? What, you looking for something to keep you warm?" 

Techno half-scoffed and half-laughed as he cast his gaze back at Ayden. 

"Eh. Not this one. I'm more interested in something else."

"Really? What?" Ayden asked. It was an innocent question, easy enough to answer.

Instead, Techno let a smile wiggle its way across his lips. 

"Like I'm tellin' you."