Chapter 18 - Gemstone

Anyone wanna run away with me?
/hj

"Hm. We've got to investigate it further." Tanjiro murmured, still looking at the stone.

"Come, Tanjiro. We've got to go, you know." Tomioka said, looking at him with slight concern.

"But- We can't just leave the gem here, can we?"

"I'll bring it with me, then." Tomioka sighed, grabbing the stone and placing it in his pocket.

"Thank you, Tomioka-san." Tanjiro smiled lightly, thinking about the cause of the stone and what it was. (I'm doing this w SCP because why not)

Later, At a special (protected) place in the forest

"Hm, This is new to me. Even if I used to inspect gemstones and such, this example is completely different." Tanjiro thought to himself, carefully inspecting the stone.

"Found anything? You've been staring at it for over an hour." Nezuko whispered in Tanjiro's ear, startling him.

"Since I can't touch it It's harder to inspect it."

. . .

"Nezuko, come over here!" Tanjiro yelled after an hour or so. Nezuko walked up to him, tilting her head.

"Try touching it." Nezuko nodded, reaching out for the stone with a nervous look on her face. It wouldn't do anything, right?

As she touched the stone, she too went through the same process Tanjiro went through before. But, It was less painful and it was way faster.

"Just as I thought." Tanjiro mumbled.

"It reacts to former demons, too." Tanjiro said, Nezuko still too shocked to speak. She was just checking for any injuries.

"Let's name it something. Let's name it... SCP- 81739." (Is that a scp or sum?)

The comments on the smut chapter has me dead 😭
Hope you enjoyed ig
Doing a sequel bcs y not
Sequel info'll be up tmrw hopefully