Down Time

Lance was honestly surprised that Sendak didn't put up the slightest bit of a fight when they told him that they needed to put Katie in a holding cell, but wasn't at all surprised that he put up a fight about not being in there with her.

"You really expect me to allow her to wake up alone?!" Sendak roared, fur bristling in absolute enragement.
"She cannot just be left alone with no one to explain! Not even the witch leaves her alone after messing with the implant!"

"I'm sorry, Sendak. But we don't know what you two could do if left alone together, we need you separated. One of us will keep an eye on Katie." Shiro sighed, carrying the small girl towards the holding cells.
"Besides, we don't have any cells that would fit both of you."

"She is not fit to be left alone! Much less monitored by you all!" Sendak snarled, fangs bared and pushing against the multiple galra escorting him in an attempt to get to the small human girl.

"Enough! This is how it's going to be, deal with it!" Shiro snapped, glaring at the larger galra.

Sendak continued on growling and snarling as they took Katie to one of the smaller holding cells, putting her in. It was plenty big enough to fit the both of them, he could tell that the paladins just didn't want the pair together.

Sendak grumbled something in galran under his breath, Kolivan snapping back in his native tongue. By the tone of it, it was likely a threat.

The large empire solider was absolutely furious, they didn't even give her a blanket or a pillow or anything of the sort. Just laid her down on the floor and locked the door before escorting Sendak to his own holding cell a bit further down the hall.

He was just happy that the paladins had the decency to leave the two alone after locking them up, meaning that when Katie woke up Sendak would likely be the only one there.

Good, that meant he could explain things to her easily.

He sat there for hours, the paladins coming to check on them once or twice (mostly the red one, and they hardly paid any mind to the galra only a few cells away from the human girl) but luckily, when she awoke they were alone.

Katie groaned, pushing herself up off the floor a bit and grunting at how the remaining bits of her spine popped and cracked at the movement.

"Fuck.." she whispered, eyes a bit blurry as she looked around. The implant bit that connected to her eyes must have been malfunctioning, and Katie made a mental note to have Sendak fix it.

Sendak, fuck; where was Sendak? She couldn't see him. He wasn't with her.

Where even was she? Katie didn't recognize the place.

"Sendak?" Katie called, shaking a bit as she pushed herself to her feet. They felt a bit fuzzy, her implant didn't have long. Maybe two weeks at most before needing repairs and replacement.

"Kit!" Sendak boomed, "I'm not far from you! Just a few cells over!"

"Where.. where are we?" Katie grumbled, walking over to the entrance of her cell and looking at the lock system. Easy to crack open, just needed some time.

She knew the lock would likely take longer than normal as well, she felt nauseous. Katie really felt as if she was going to puke.

"The altean castle.. Why did you activate that protocol?" Sendak asked, voice soft and concerned.

"It gives off an emergency signal to Zarkon, though I doubt it'll help now. We're probably too far away." Katie gasped, oh god she felt sick. Something was wrong with her implant, something had to be pressing against a nerve or her spinal column wrong.