Passcode

They made a giant cushion pile for Katie to lay on, lots of blankets and pillows to support her body and even more for her head. They'd had to push three cots together just to make room for it all, though having a bit of space for Sendak to sit with her definitely contributed.

They'd unzipped her bodysuit that she wore under her armor to get to the metal ports on the surface of her skin, all much to Sendak's displeasure, him snarling and snapping his teeth at anyone who touched her skin.

Keith was right next to her the moment they set her down, talking to her softly to see if he could stir her from whatever type of coma she'd put herself into on his own.

Sendak found it rather amusing, chuckling to himself as he watched Keith repeat the same phrase to her for probably the tenth time while Hunk tried to figure out a way to access the ports without hurting Katie.

"What?" Keith snarled, getting annoyed with Sendak already. He was just trying to wake up his past teammate and past almost-sorta-girlfriend.

"You're Keith Kogane, the red paladin, correct?" Sendak asked, sounding genuinely curious as he looks Keith over.

"Yeah; what about it?" Keith growled, tense as he tightened his grip on Katie's hand.

"Kit always spoke of you the most." Sendak hummed, looking Katie over with a soft smile.
"Her words about you all were rarely positive, but if she spoke kindly about anyone, it was you."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Keith huffed, confused as to what the large galra was saying.

"She spoke kindly of you, even in her insults. She cares for you, deeply." Sendak grumbled, looking over at Keith.
"I truly believe that she missed you."

"I missed her more than she ever could've imagined," Keith said softly, He always went soft when it was about Katie, ever since they were young.

Keith sighs, smoothing some hair behind her ear before it could fall completely in front of her face.

It had grown so much since Keith last saw her, all the way down past her shoulders he could only assume, he couldn't really tell with it tied in the tight braid she'd had it in under her helmet, small bits around her face loose.

Sendak and Keith both looked Katie over one last time before Hunk grabbed his tools and walked over to her.

"Alright," Hunk breathed, setting down his tools beside the bed and pulling out a few.
"Let's get to work and figure out how to disable this thing..."

Sendak stiffened and his fur began to bristle a bit as Hunk pulls out a screwdriver and begins to unscrew the top of the port on her neck.

"Don't worry, this won't hurt her, she won't even realize what's happening or feel a thing." Hunk smiled shakily, trying his best to reassure the giant Galra watching his every move.

Sendak didn't seem particularly reassured, still sitting up straight and pupils dilated into pinpricks as he watched Hunk like a hawk.

Hell, even the other Galra in the room seemed concerned and nervous. All knowing that one wrong move could cause one hell of a problem.

Hunk removed the top of the port, carefully setting it off to the side and peering in.

The inside of the port was a conglomeration of wires and lights. Beautiful to a teach genius.

"Holy shit..." Hunk grinned, grabbing his phone to snap a few pictures.
"This is incredible! I've never seen anything like this! It's all mechanical, it has to get biological further in though, right? It's in her spinal cord?"