Chapter one; The request

(before the actual book starts I have a really important message! Akimi-chan10 gave me the basis of this lovely idea, and honestly, I love it 😭✋❤ so go check them out ❤)

Guards fumbled through the area, trying to calm the ones close to the nerve-racking situation. Myne walked up to them all, a forum close to her chest. Her face was setting off a venomous aura, making everyone in close quarters shiver and pray that the first princess held no grudge before them.

Motoyasu watched her, a little suspicion overcoming him as he rose his eyebrow. He had never seen his dearest teammate so angry, and he could only think of one answer. He grunted and clenched his hand into a tight fist, wondering if the shield devil had dared to sexualize her or try and kill her in blood lust yet another time.

"Everybody, listen up!" Myne hummed, her voice being demanding and venomous. Motoyasu immediately paid attention to her, feeling sorry for the beautiful young girl. Her eyes flashed around at everyone outdoors, each trembling as she locked eyes with her poised green ones.

"We all know the outcast of this world, Naofumi Iwatani! Or shall I say, foolish shield devil! He has done nothing but destruction and committed crimes from the moment he got here. I have sent out a special mission to no other than sir Motoyasu!" Myne informed them, letting out a small huff at the end. She let her mean glare turn into a proud smile, making the air far less tense.

Motoyasu stared at her, startled. He didn't know what he had to do with this. He instantly hit his spear on the ground, a prideful smirk coming over his face. "Well, what is this special mission?" Motoyasu asked, shocking every citizen around them.

"I want you to kill that runt! It is what he damn well deserves!" Myne scoffed, stomping her foot down on the ground in resentment. People cheered, as they had always awaited the shield devil's death. Motoyasu grew slightly uneasy hearing how relieved and cheerful all the people sounded. But of course, Motoyasu was on board.

"Well, no need to worry Myne!" Motoyasu started, his red eyes flashing with integrity, passion and pride. He cheered along with the crowd, "I will assassinate the shield devil and make sure he never commits another horrendous felony!"

Myne smiled, blinking at Motoyasu. She let out a girly chuckle and opened the forum. "If you manage to kill the shield devil you will be getting thirty gold as a thank you. This reward is from the people of Melromarc, who appreciate what you'll be doing."

Motoyasu looked at her, caught off guard once again. He felt himself go hot, wondering why he was getting such a large price. He snickered to himself, full confidence that he wouldn't need all that money, but of course, he wasn't going to deny it.

"Alright. When shall my mission begin?" Motoyasu asked, ready for whatever was coming for him. Myne walked closer to Motoyasu, dropping the forum on the ground as if it were a child's toy. She slid her hands along the spear hero's chest, making the blond feel weaker from such a gentle touch. Along with a breathtaking girl just before him.

"Well, we can start now~ I will be following you through your journey, but I will be forced to leave once he's found," Myne informed him, her voice flirtatious and seductive. Motoyasu held back a blush and a smile, loving it whenever Myne moved her hands along his body.

She pushed one hand to his back, letting some of Motoyasu's long blond hair dangle down on her hand. "I know you can take out Naofumi, after all...He is the weakest," Myne snickered, her voice growing quiet. Motoyasu grinned, furrowing his eyebrows as he grew more and more confident, even though he already had enough confidence.

"I will not let you down. After all, I want to see the blood rushing out of that devil...I am rather excited to watch him die just before me," Motoyasu snickered, an evil grin claiming his face. Motoyasu's breath became rather uneasy, just thinking about the male on his hands and knees, begging for his life like a little sheep. Motoyasu couldn't help but chuckle, yearning for that the shield hero would do such cowardly actions.

"Let's go, I do not want to waste our precious time," Motoyasu smirked, his voice tinted with an unsettling taste, making the large area quickly grow tense as ever. People gawked at one another, some feeling a little sympathy for the shield hero, even if he was a filthy sinner.

The spear hero and first princess walked off, starting their mission to assassinate the once hero to the world. People looked down in shame, wondering if such words uttered by the spear hero were what was going through his mind, or just an over-exaggeration of what he was feeling.

"Alright, I hope you're ready for a possible fight too. We are aware of how that filthy runt is," Myne scoffed,  growing annoyed by talking about such a guy. Motoyasu shook his head, wondering how someone could stoop that low, to where they had to sexualize women and provoke vandalism everywhere he went. Motoyasu clenched his spear tightly, knowing he wanted, no needed to put an end to such pitiful behaviour. 

Motoyasu sharply replied, his voice strict. "Let's be careful then. But, I must not fail this for this whole world!"

Myne turned around, smirking like so. She let out a soft and long chuckle, knowing she was the real devil of the world, not the poor, innocent shield hero. She liked seeing him get all the backlash, seeing him get hated on, even though he was an innocent, framed boy.

Myne hopped up onto a carriage alongside Motoyasu. The two looked at each other for a moment, knowing that they each desired the shield hero dead as much as the other. Myne ran a hand through her soft hair and leaned back. "This is going to be great~!" Myne snickered happily.

"Oh, yes it is," Motoyasu stated in blood lust, ready as ever to slay such filth.