chapter three; April

Motoyasu decided it would be best to talk to some of the people and get to know the town so he could feel his vengeance come tumbling back hearing their complaints about the shield hero being there. Motoyasu walked along a busy street, numerous citizens trying to provoke him to buy things, or asking him if he was the spear hero. 

He was surprised to hear so many people weren't aware of his presence, and how some just thought he fought alongside a hero. Motoyasu skimmed into a small alleyway, giving himself a pause from all the chatter and ruckus. He had even started to get a headache with how persistent it was. Motoyasu placed a hand on his forehead and let out a soft groan of discomfort. 

He sighed to himself, desiring they had things like Advil there since medication wasn't always accessible, like at the exact moment for example. Motoyasu deliberately walked forward, his feet dragging along the ground. 

Motoyasu chuckled to himself when he arrived at the end of the alleyway, seeing as the street was further quiet and not too populated. He walked out of the alleyway and was aiming to go to some sort of shop or find a place to sit down, but he felt a tug on his cape.

"You're the spear hero, correct?" An older woman asked. Motoyasu looked at her, startled. She had on a long blue dress that was under a pearly white apron with a few food smudges on it. She had grey hair that faded into light blonde hair that was pulled into a braid. Motoyasu locked eyes with the elderly woman, Her eyes were bright green, making her darker skin pop out. 

"You'd be correct! Is there any way I can help you, Ma'am?" Motoyasu questioned, giving her a proud and thrilled smile. Motoyasu didn't mind helping this elderly out, but he prayed it wouldn't be a hard task. The spear hero just wished to sit down or maybe even go to an Inn and rest, since he had to be up later for his task. Motoyasu immediately lowered his head, remembering the daunting task. 

Motoyasu tensed up, remembering the heartbreaking sight before him. Naofumi, a cold-blooded criminal, breaking down with no explanation on a bright sunny day. It amazed Motoyasu quite a bit, seeing how out of character that seemed. 

"Well, my daughter ran off a couple of days ago and no one can find her..." The elderly sighed, tears forming in the corners of her eyes. "There is a forest near the mountains, but it's too dangerous for us regular citizens. I was wondering if you could go check for me...You'll be rewarded with two-hundred silver," The elderly claimed, growing uneasy quickly. 

Motoyasu grew serious. "Leave it to me, miss! I'll return with your daughter," Motoyasu smiled. He figured it was a good idea to take his mind off of Naofumi for now, and focus on something else. Motoyasu hated how much Naofumi had been trailing through his mind the past couple of days, wondering all sorts of things about the raven. 

"Thank you, spear hero...Oh, and she has long blonde hair like me, bright brown eyes and she has a small light blue gem in her hair...Please be careful," The woman explained, wiping away the appreciative tears that fell down her face. 

"No problem, and I'll be careful," Motoyasu replied, giving her a small nod of reassurance. He began to walk in the direction he came from, wondering if he had seen a forest. He then remembered the trees in saw far in the distance beside him, thinking there would just be some useless path to another town through there. 

Motoyasu soon enough reached a large field, seeing a small girl with blonde hair sitting in the middle. She had a small animal resting on her lap, and she was lightly stroking its fur. Motoyasu walked through a few more trees, brushing a few hanging branches to the side. The girl turned her head, hearing a branch snap in half. 

She stared in astonishment but also a slight bit of suspicion. Motoyasu walked closer, pointing his spear down so he didn't seem threatening. Motoyasu looked at her bright twinkling eyes, remembering that Naofumi's eyes had been just the same on the first day. So full of life, emotional and delighted. Now they were just dull and hateful. 

Motoyasu stopped before her, leaving the animal to run off. The girl stood up quickly, looking at him happily. "You're t-the spear he-hero, aren't you! I am so pleased to meet you sir spear hero! I'm truly your biggest fan!" The girl rambled, her face tinting with a deep red blush. She clapped her hands together, a friendly smile spreading over her face. 

"Ah-" Motoyasu sputtered, stunned. He had never met anyone so eager to meet him. Myne had been all delighted and filled with amazement, but she just didn't seem as sincere as this girl. That reminded Motoyasu, knowing that he was still in need of her name. 

"Well, my name is Motoyasu Kitamura. What about you?" Motoyasu introduced himself. The thoughts of Naofumi drifted away from his mind, being locked up for later appearances. 

"I am April Enoshima! You may call me April if you please, sir spear hero," April said, her tone overly excited and bubbly still. 

Motoyasu opened his mouth to begin talking again, but April had more to say. "If it isn't too bothersome, I would appreciate it if I could join your team! I've always wanted to be on the spear hero's team to fight by their side! A-and if you do, I swear to always be by your side and protect you in any battle," April proudly claimed, fixing her posture. She cupped her hand over her chest, looking at the spear hero with yearning eyes. 

Motoyasu was once again caught off guard. He relaxed, looking at her precious smile. Motoyasu felt his face slightly light up, knowing this girl reminded him of no other than the precious girl on Naofumi's team. Long blonde hair, bright childish eyes, a warming smile, Motoyasu smiled being reminded of Filo. Sure she didn't have wings, didn't have pale skin and had a more feminine image, but she still reminded him of Filo.

"As long as you're willing to help out...I have no problem with it," Motoyasu smiled, letting out a small gleeful chuckle. He watched the female rapidly grow happy, cheering. She wrapped her arms around Motoyasu, hugging him tightly. The spear hero blinked a few times, taking concern to what just happened. He hesitantly wrapped his arms around her too, wondering why he was getting this excited over a simple answer. 

"May I ask why you're so happy about this?" Motoyasu chuckled, gently rubbing her back. 

"My parents helped heal others in a wave and the spear hero protected them and saved their lives. I was young at the time, but ever since then, I've wanted to join the spear hero's team," April chuckled, backing away and splitting the hug. Small tears formed in the corners of her eyes, but she didn't hesitate to wipe them away. 

"I can understand then, I suppose. But speaking of your parents, your mother wants you back in the village...She is worried sick about you," Motoyasu informed April, watching her tense up in shock. 

"I-I didn't mean to make her worry, I apologize! I saw a filolial and I couldn't stop myself from chasing it...But it got away and I got lost," April pouted, lowering her head in embarrassment. 

"Well, why don't we get you back, alright?" Motoyasu smirked, turning his body back to the direction he had apprthanke from. 

 "Ah, yes, thank you!" April thanksd him, running up beside the hero gratefully. 

 They walked forward, and Motoyasu grew annoyed when all his thoughts about the young boy came tolling back into his mind. Remembering his pure smile on the first day, and his soft lips that formed into the most adorable smile. He remembered his soft voice and just his overall calming personality. Motoyasu on the first day had seriously wondered how calming and fun it would be to just wrap his arms around Naofumi and feel the raven's head gently resting against his chest. 

Motoyasu felt his face light up instantly, and he shook his head wiping away such improper and immature thoughts.