"We were scared!"

If there is any TW, please let me know!

--

Alternative part of "I didn't know you were so sentimental"
Kurapika said yes.

I steal a few breaths from the world for a minute

It was sweet. And calm. Besides, it didn’t hurt. So it was like that, after death? I was almost disappointed. Yet... I was going to see my clan again. Will they reject me, or will they thank me for having done all this for their eyes? I don’t care. I had my revenge, that was all that mattered.

And then I'll be nothing forever

I did not have time to say goodbye to those who were still alive. How did they react? Maybe Leorio won’t tell them, for a moment at least. Or they already knew, even trying to move on. They had to be careful.

My Gods, protect them.

Wasn’t I going to lose my memory? Was I meant to remember them and wait until they come ? Will they at least remember me? I doubt it.

And all of my memories

My family. My friends. They were surely waiting for me. I could hear whispers, which were getting louder and louder. I was finally there... What was I going to tell them? Whatever.

And all of the things I have seen

I opened my eyes....

Will be gone

A person who was in front of me just two seconds before made a leap back, crashing down on the ground with a bang. Despite my will, I could not straighten myself up. Was it my strength that let me go? Or I was just dreaming, if only it was possible. A door opened in a thud, but I could not see who was there. My neck could not move. I had to set the ceiling. I expected everything but that.

With my eyes,

There was a long moment of silence. One hand landed on mine and the second from two heads appeared in my field of vision. It was an understatement, because they were so close that I could observe every little imperfection, every ray of light that passed through their eyes.

"He is awake!" exclaimed the young man on the left.

It was complicated at first, but little by little, I remembered these faces. These brown hair with green reflections, or silver in disorder. Hazel eyes and electric blue. How... ?

"It worked!"
"Of course, idiot!"

The "idiot" turned to his friend, obviously offended by his remark. For a few seconds they glanced at each other, giving death stares. Their confrontation did not go further, because their gazes softened as soon as their eyes met mine. They were watching me for long minutes, quiet. Was I supposed to talk ?

with my body,

I opened my pasty mouth and forced the sounds to pass through the barrier of my lips. Only incomprehensible noises came out of it. In haste, Gon handed me a cup, which he forced me to drink. It felt like I didn’t even know how to swallow, so the water went sideways. Killua straightened me up as I coughed to my lungs, finally offering me the opportunity to discover the room through my foggy eyes. We were obviously alone.

Was I wrong in my calculations? It was impossible. I knew. It was that night, that’s all. It was impossible to avoid this, Oath and Condition.

with me