Sara Chidouin x Reader

(this is just to start us off-!! ^^ apologies for any confusion on which POV this is,, wrote this at 4:30 am)

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

     𝕆𝕙 𝔸𝕟𝕒, 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕝 𝕀 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕𝕟'𝕥 𝕜𝕚𝕝𝕝

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

"Hm? Did you want to talk to me, Sara?"

Y/N asked the other high-schooler, feeling their shoulder tensing up and hearing the tiny crease in their uniform blazer tighten as they suddenly felt much more nervous than necessary. Why were they so tense? Sara just wanted to talk to them, so it shouldn't be a big deal right?

Right?

The ginger-haired student inhaled and took a deep breath. Seeing you hang around the others so well, and not her made her feel confusingly aggravated. She was fine, even joyous with you being chipper and happy towards the others but a small part of her felt as if she didn't matter to you as much as the others.

Coming up with the words she wanted to say, she opened her mouth but nothing came out. Again, and again and again she tried before realising that she must've looked like a fool standing there and taking big gulps of air. Sara just wanted to tell you that she loved you, but somehow her body wasn't even letting her do that.

Y/N raised an eyebrow in concernment, "Are you alright, Sara? Is everything okay?"

Minutes had flown by which seemed like years before Y/N decided to break the awkward and looming silence that was hanging delicately in the air. Walking off past the teenage Chidouin, Y/N gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder and began making their way out of the room before feeling a pair of hands on their shoulders manoeuvre their body to face the leader.

With Sara's hands on both of Y/N's now stiff shoulders, she still couldn't look the other individual in the eye as she wanted to say what she wanted to for the longest time. It was strange finding someone who'd make your heart flutter with every joke or sentence within a place full of anguish and hardship, though it seemed impossible, for Sara it wasn't.

You. You were the one that was made to exist alongside her, you were like the piece of the puzzle that fit Sara's. Every time you'd look her in the eye or speak to her, the high-schooler could feel her heart shake a little harder like a bass-boosted beat knocking against her ribcage. How she'd mentally swoon every time you'd place a lock of your hair behind your ear whenever you were in deep concentration.

She always told herself to bury these intense feelings deep down. That it was just strange seeing as people were dying in the most cruel ways and yet she found herself wanting to be with you more and more until it was unbearable. It was too much at this point.

Taking one last deep breath, and pulling Y/N even closer to the point where Y/N could feel her eyelashes gently fluttering against the bridge of their nose, and the barest part of her own nose was brushing against Y/N's.

"Y/N... I-I don't even know where I'll be going with this but I'll try."

The H/C-haired individual gave a soft smile to which even though she couldn't see, Sara could feel as Y/N pulled her gently into an embrace with the Chidouin burying her face by the crook of your blazer. It wasn't uncomfortable in any way and she could still speak perfectly fine. You smelt of lavish lavender and a faint touch of Jasmine which steadied her previously intense heart-rate, calming her down.

"...I seriously don't know where these feelings came from. A-And how it even began forming but every-time I saw you, I couldn't help myself from wanted to be by your side more and more..." She began, melting into the touch of you rubbing your hand against her back slowly and tenderly.

"Sometimes when I want to be with you.. the feeling gets so intense that I stay up at night sometimes, not only with the fear of potentially dying but the fear of you.." Sara sniffed quietly as you gave her a small hush in comfort. "I realised seeing you happy made me happy too.."

"Seeing you make friends with Reko, Nao, Kanna, Keiji, Q-Taro, Jou, Alice.. Even Sou. Made me so, so happy but I realised something else."

She paused, preparing herself in case any tears decided to invade her face and stain your shoulder which you didn't mind.

"...It felt like a sword going through my heart at the same time. A-At first, I thought I could endure it but now.." She fully buried herself into your shoulder, now trying to hold herself back from saying anything as she didn't even give you time to consider responding or saying anything. Now all Sara was ready for was you to rip her heart to shreds like she felt like she deserved. "I-I can't take it anymore, I need to let you know before this kills me, Y/N-"

Though, Y/N didn't let Sara finish her sentence as they crashed their own lips on to hers, locking her in a secure and firm kiss. Sara, now over the initial shock, placed her formally trembling hands on Y/N's faintly blushing cheek, deepening the exchange.

The two spent what felt like hours of their mouths practically dancing with each other. Y/N's lips were surprisingly soft while Sara's was quite chapped, though it felt right when they both came together. Cascading in a salsa of both passion and tenderness, Y/N ran their hand through Sara's messy yet soft ginger locks, Sara felt a tear run down her own cheek. It wasn't a tear of defeat of negativity but rather, one of bewilderment in a positive sense from the built up fear of rejection she was prepared to cry from.

Eventually, the two had to separate for air and were almost panting and gasping for air quietly as Y/N gave Sara's left cheek a small rub with their thumb and smiled calmly. "It's alright, Sara."

Sara couldn't hold herself from jumping onto your shoulders in an ecstasy-filled impulsive embrace, now overjoyed that you had felt the same way as her. With Y/N doing the same and practically squeezed her, they spoke words that Sara'll never forget.

"I love you too."