four

The Rem Pod was still going crazy as Bailey was messing with the door only to find out it really was locked.

"Do we turn it off and turn it back on?" Brandon asks talking about the constantly beeping Rem Pod.

"I guess. I don't know" the girl shrugs finally giving up with the door and sat down in front of Brandon.

"Jesus fucking Christ. This is- I thought I was gonna get eased into the whole paranormal thing and this is just full throttle" the boy admitted looking over at the girl.

"Not with Elton" the girl muttered looking down at her lap.

"I'm terrified"

"It's not that bad" the girl dismissed swatting her hand in the air. "I just wanna know why the thing is still going off"

Bailey stretched forward and grabbed the beeping device and felt around it for the button. She pressed the button down and turned the device off before turning it back on.

She placed it back down on the small stack of books but was confused when she didn't hear it beep when she touched it.

"What is happening?" The girl whispers to herself.

"What? What's going on?"

"The Rem Pod didn't beep when I touched it" she informed placing her hand around the antenna only to receive silence in return. "Let me try" Brandon touched the antenna and had it beep for him but when Bailey placed her hand back onto the antenna it didn't go off.

Brandon heard a noise and looked towards the door watching as it opened and revealed Elton with the dowsing rods in his hand.

"Here Bam Bam" Bailey took the rods from her older brother and he shut the door again, locking it.

"You remember these right?" The girl asks holding up the metal rods for Brandon to see. The boy just hums in response as the girl gets ready to use them even though she's doubtful that they would work for her.

"Would you like to communicate with me?" Bailey asks. The rods stayed straight and Brandon asks the same thing as Bailey did but still got nothing as an answer from the rods. Three knocks sounded somewhere in the room making Bailey jump slightly. "You heard that too?"

"Uh-huh. Uh-huh," Brandon nodded with his hand over his mouth slightly.

"There was multiple. It sounded like it came from over there" the girl continued pointing to her left.

"Uh-huh. Explain it. What could that have been?"

"Elton's either fucking with us or something could have fallen?" She answered.

"I don't think something fell. Why would something have that perfect of a timing to fall right when I ask that?"

"I don't know Brandon you asked me to explain it so I did. I honestly just think Elton's fucking with you because you're so scared and it's easy to fuck with you when you're scared"

"I'm not easy to fuck with when I'm scared" Brandon replies getting slightly defensive of himself.

"Okay" Bailey smiled. Her face suddenly got serious as she stared into a corner of the room. "What the hell is that?" She asks.

Brandon turns around confused and looks around. "What's what?"

"There's a person in that corner. Right behind you", she points frantically to the corner.

"No fucking way. Shut up" Brandon quickly stood up and moved from his spot and next to Bailey. The girl just starts laughing and covers her mouth with her hand when she snorted.