oneshot

"Ugh," Lauren whined as the pain shot through her mouth. Her fingertips rubbed at the sore spot near her jawline. Then she stopped, because that hurt too.

"You've been complaining about your tooth for a while now, Lo..." Normani noticed.

"I know... They haven't been able to make an appointment for me yet. It should be soon though..." Lauren frowned.

She'd been dealing with extreme wisdom tooth pain, and it seemed to be getting worse and worse as the days went on. It hurt when she talked. It hurt when she didn't talk. It hurt when she ate. It hurt when she wasn't eating. It hurt when she was sleeping, and it hurt when she was awake. The pain-killers she'd been taking were futile and didn't help much. And Lauren kept whining about it to her friends, who were just about ready to rip it out themselves just to get her to shut up.

"Well when they do, I need to be there. It'll be hella funny," Dinah laughed.

"I literally spent a whole day watching those types of drugged people on YouTube this one time," Normani nodded.

"Oh my god, like David After Dentist?" Camila exclaimed as she slapped Normani's shoulder.

"Yeah!" Normani laughed loudly, growing excited because Camila had seen it too.

"I remember when I had mine removed. My mom told me I was crazy," Ally added.

"Do you have a video of it?" Dinah asked with a smirk.

"No, but she told me I kept talking about Waffle House, Justin Timberlake, and almond milk..." Ally recalled as she threw her head back in laughter.

"Almond milk?" Lauren giggled.

"I believe the Justin Timberlake part," Normani shook her head as she chuckled to herself.

"I don't remember any of it though. It was weird..." Ally shrugged.

"I bet," Lauren acknowledged. "But I don't care. That's not much of a price to pay to get this to stop..."

-

A few days later, Lauren got a scheduled appointment. She was ecstatic to hear the news, because her tooth was just excruciating. It seemed to spread to her whole mouth. It wasn't even that big. But it was amazing how much impact one tiny tooth had on her entire mouth.

She asked for more pain medicine, and Michael made Chris go get it at the store the night before. She was sleeping by the time he got back, so he just opted to give it to her as school the next day. What he brought her was completely unnecessary. He went out and bought Baby Orajel, the stuff you give to babies for teething. When he realized what he had done, he doubled over in laughter. Lauren was unamused. He excused it by offering that it might've tasted a little better than whatever he was supposed to get - which it did not.

By the time lunch rolled around, Lauren found minuscule relief. The Baby Orajel was working a little. She was still clutching her mouth when the other girls filed around the table though.

"It still hurts?" Ally asked sympathetically as she set her tray down.

"Not as bad. But I'm leaving early," she answered.

"Why?" Camila frowned.

"My dentist appointment is today. Thank God," Lauren shared.

"Lucky you. What time is it?" Dinah questioned. She wondered how weird it would be to ask Clara if she could tag along. She was serious about getting that video. Maybe they could send it to America's Funniest Home Videos.

"It's at four," Lauren responded.

"So why are you leaving early?" Normani wondered.

"Because if I can, I want to," Lauren laughed.