Chapter 6

Brent's POV

We are in the car on the way to the airport. Pierson is driving and I'm in the passenger seat, Caleb's in the back. The flight is 10 hours long. We check in, go through security, and hang out at the gate. Soon the flight boards and we are off on the way to Paris. During the flight, I watch a few movies, sleep, and talk to Pierson and Caleb. 

When we get to our hotel, Pierson and I grab some dinner and Caleb stays back because he wants to sleep early. We get pizza right near the hotel and walk to a patch of grass right in-front of the Eiffel Tower. The Eiffel Tower is glowing and looks really cool in the dark. I look to my right and I see Pierson looking up at the Eiffel Tower in awe. I heard my sisters voice in my head "Brent there is only one right answer." There was no better place than the most romantic city in the world.

"Pierson, after you told me that I needed to decide quick I asked Lexi. Lexi got mad at me and said that there was only one right answer. She's right. I've liked you for a really long time and I really do want this to go somewhere. So, Pierson do you want to make things official and be my girlfriend?" I say.

Pierson's POV

My heart is racing. Brent just asked me to be his girlfriend in the most romantic city in the world right in-front of the Eiffel Tower. Is this a dream?

"Aww Brent. I-uh-I." I stammer. "I can't." Why did I say that? I've been dreaming about this moment for a really long time and when it finally happens I say no? His face drops.

"What?" he asks sounding sad. "I thought you told me a few weeks ago that you wanted to know how I felt and now you say you don't feel the same way?"

"No, I never said I don't feel the same way. I really do like you. It's just if we break up I don't want things to lose you. And I don't want it to be awkward because the dynamic we have right now is so great. I'm not ready to date right now at this moment." 

"Oh. Wait do you mean we could never date or you are just not ready right now?" he asks.

"I mean right now."

"Oh. Well I'll wait for you until you are ready and I will stop sliding into people's DM's and stop kissing other girls every other week. And if in the end you decide you don't want to date me and want to date Twan instead that's cool because I just want you to be happy." Brent says. Aww, he really is so sweet.

"Why do you keep on bringing Twan up? He's not one of the options anymore." I say jokingly. He just smiles and laughs. I give him a hug and he kisses my forehead. He really can be so sweet.