Bitten

The scream echoed throughout the house. You wouldn't of heard a pin drop.

Chester pulled his hand out of the liquid and ran out the room.

'What the hell was that?!' Parker couldn't let go of the box yet he still tried to distance from it.

'Are you okay?' Parker yells into the hallway, the parasite jar was still open.

Parker rushed out of the room to go join Chester, 'What's wrong?'

'Dude, it bit me!' Chester was pressing down on his hands with an immense amount of pressure.

'F*ck!'Parker had only seen Chester swear once before this, when he had been bitten by a stray dog on the sidewalk.

'What the hell just-' Parker couldn't finish his sentence.

'IT HURTS!' Chester's breath was sharp and now he was shaking his hand to try lessen the pain.

'What the hell just happened?' Parker closed the jar.

'What is that? Come on, go put some cold water on that!' Parker began to rush Chester to the bathroom, 'Put some cold water on it, come on go-'

'Let me see it-' Parker burst into the bathroom to see Chester holding his hand under the tap, 'Are you ok?! Let me see it!'

Chester moved his hand behind him, He didn't want Parker to see.

Parker caught a glance at the bite. It was a dark pink, almost red. His hand was shaking.

'Dude!' Parker was deeply concerned for Parker at this point, he didn't like seeing Chester hurt.

'I'm fine!' Chester's voice was shaking more than his hand, 'It's not a big deal, it doesn't hurt anymore!' He hid his hand behind him once again.

The act he tried to play wasn't working. After all, Chester wasn't a good actor.

'Let me see it, let me see it!' Parker kept getting closer to Chester to see his hand. Chester couldn't hide it much longer.

'Stop!' All Chester could do tell him to stop. He had nowhere to run, 'It's not a big deal, it doesn't hurt anymore.' 

He revealed his hand and shoved past Parker to leave the room.

'Dude- come on, bro.' Parker tried to help. Chester left the room and walked off.

Parker sighed and turned off the faucet.

'I'm going to bed!' Chester entered his room and slammed the door like a kid.

Parker also entered his room but didn't slam the door as Chester expected.

The bite couldn't be that bad....

Right?

--