Day 4: Long distance

!!ART BY @MALBETHBEAR ON INSTAGRAM!!

     A/N: Hello there! Happy day 4 of Togafuka week! This oneshot takes place after Toko and Komaru decide to stay in Towa city to help rebuild it, enjoy!

     Toko's POV-

     It had been 3 weeks since Komaru and I decided to stay in the city for another year to help out. It was a tough choice but I knew it would be beneficial to everyone. Makoto gave us a computer we could use to video call the Future Foundation whenever we wanted so that made me feel a little better.

     "Tokiiiii! Where's my left shoe?! I just had it!" Komaru's voice rang throughout our shared apartment.

     "I don't know! Find it yourself I'm busy!" I hollered back.

     Okay maybe that was a fib...I wasn't actually busy. Just homesick and missing my friends...missing Byakuya... He may be an asshole sometimes but he's been so kind to me lately and apologetic I've been over the moon, my feelings for him certainly have not dwindled.

      I decided to call the foundation, who knows? Maybe I can chat with someone.

     I opened the laptop and logged into Skype. I called the main office of the Future Foundation and quickly got an answer. The call connected and I was immediately met with Byakuya's monotone face.

     "Hello Toko, is something the matter?" He raised an eyebrow.

     "Haha noooo, not really. I just wanted to-"

     "You were bored and wanted to talk to someone." He finished for me. I nodded and laughed.

     He smiled smugly.

     "I always know don't I?"

     "You got lucky that time ya idiot." I grinned at his serious face.

     "You're awfully giggly aren't you?" He smirked.

     "Of course silly! I'm talking to you after all, you make me happy." I blurted out, but quickly covered my face in embarrassment.

     Byakuya's face started to turn a light shade of pink, I made him blush?!

     "Hmph I suppose you make me...happy as well."
_________________________________

     Byakuya and I talked for hours into the night about everything and anything. I yawned and checked my clock, it was 4 am!

      "Hey hey, it's 4 in the morning!" I told him. "We've been talking for 5 hours!"

     "I suppose you're just interesting to talk to." He mumbled sleepily, resting his head on his hand.

     I decided to cover myself with a nearby blanket for warmth, immediately after I did Byakuya started to blush furiously.

     "You look so cute..." he yawned, looking directly in my eyes. I covered my mouth in surprise.

     "Toko...why have we never gone out together?" He asked, rubbing his tired eyes.

     "I-I uh! Well...I never thought you'd be interested!" I admitted.

     "I am...very....interested....." He drawled out, looking like he was about to fall asleep sitting down.

     "Byakuya you don't know what you're saying, it's too late...you don't want this, you're just tired." I told the sleepy heir dejectedly.

     "Yes I do....I want you to be my....be my girlfriend." He said before slamming his head on the table in front of him and falling asleep.

     "If you haven't changed your mind by morning, I gladly accept." I whispered, clicking off of the call to let Byakuya rest.
_________________________________

     I yawned and opened my eyes, I must've fallen asleep at my desk last night! What happened...oh yeah, I got asked out. He most likely doesn't even remember.

     I logged onto my computer and noticed an email from Byakuya.

     "We need to talk about last night."

     My heart began to beat out of my chest, I nervously clicked onto Skype and gave the Future Foundation another call, knowing the heir would pick up.

     Sure enough Byakuya's face appeared onscreen shortly.

     "Good morning!" I said cheerfully, hiding the fact that I was absolutely terrified of the conversation to come.

     "Good morning Toko, about yesterday-" He started.

     My god he's gonna say he hates me...

     "My offer still stands." He said simply, a light rose dusting his cheeks.

     WHAT?!

     "You...Byakuya Togami, want to go out with me?" My eyes widened.

     "Yes, I've wanted to for a while. Been too anxious to bring it up, we've become a lot closer and I've had some intense feelings for you lately." He smiled at me.

      "In that case....yes yes yes! My god I've wanted this for so longggg." I groaned, covering my bright red cheeks as my now, boyfriend laughed heartily.

     "I just know I've made the right decision."
_________________________________

     A few months has passed and Byakuya and I have been making it work long distance. Nobody knows about us yet and we're content keeping it that way.

     That all changed one Saturday afternoon.

     "Toko..." Komaru said.

     I turned around to see my best friend smiling mischievously, holding a large open box.

     "Yes?" I cocked my head at her.

     "You've been keeping secrets girl! This package came from the Future Foundation, I thought it was important information or something so I opened it. Turns out it's from Togami! Byakuya Togami! It's for you! He sent you a romantic letter and a vintage typewriter!" She squealed. My face slowly turned beet red.

     "Gimmie that!" I snarled, grabbing the box from her hands and setting it down beside me.

     "He called you his girlfriend in the letter!" She sang out.

     "Stop being so nosy! I wanted it to be a secret." I groaned.

     "Wow so you are really dating him...I'm sorry Toki I was just curious, I don't like when you hide things from me." She frowned.

     "It's fine, just don't go digging through my crap again." I stuck my tongue out at her and carried the box to my room.

     I placed my new gorgeous typewriter on my desk and texted Byakuya.

     "Thank you so much for the typewriter and note dear, but next time tell me a package is coming so I can keep it out of the hands of a certain Komaru Naegi ❤️"