Day 6: Pets

!!! ART BY MALBETHBEAR ON INSTAGRAM !!!

A/N: Welcome to day 6 everyone!! This oneshot is a non despair AU! And will be relatively short due to exhaustion...Enjoy!! <3

     Toko's POV-

     Ever since Byakuya and I moved in together 6 months ago I was on a mission...

      A mission to get a cat.

     They were my favorite animal and I could never have a pet growing up (besides my stinkbug) so a cat was perfect!

     Only issue was I had to convince my boyfriend of 2 years to adopt one with me.

     It's not like he has anything against cats. It's just, he doesn't like animals that much. Thinks their too messy. Well I'm here to show him that pets are adorable and lots of fun!
_________________________________

     "Byakuyaaaa~" I called out.

     "Yes Toko?" I heard an answer from the living room.

     "Get your shoes on we're going somewhere!"

     "Where?"

     "It's a surprise dork! Now let's go!"

     I practically dragged Byakuya out of the house and to the nearest zoo.

     "Why in the world are we at the zoo? You know I don't find animals pleasant." He wrinkled his nose in distaste.

     "Because you're gonna learn to love them! I just know it!" I exclaimed, grabbing his hand and leading him to a little corner labeled "petting zoo."

     There was a wide assortment of bunnies, goats, sheep, and even a llama!

     I picked up a black rabbit and booped her tiny nose.

     "Come on dear it's fun." I whispered, rocking the bunny in my arms.

     Byakuya took a deep breath and started to pet a goat.

     With pure rage in its beady little eyes, the goat riled up and charged into Byakuya, knocking him off his feet and into the mud.

     "Oh nonono! I'm so sorry I-" I started to apologize.

     "It's not your fault Toko, let's just go home."
_________________________________

     A week later I decided to try again.

     "Hey Byakuya, Komaru is coming over today!" I nudged his shoulder.

     "That's nice, she's a lovely person." He mumbled, deep into a book.

     The doorbell rang and I rushed to answer it, my best friend was standing in the doorway with a big golden retriever dog.

     "Toki hiiii! I brought Kumi as you requested!" Komaru waved, letting her dog loose in the house.

     The big pup bounded over to the living room and barked at my boyfriend.

     Immediately a scream erupted and a fit of sneezes were heard...shit.

    Komaru and I ran in to see Kumi licking  Byakuya's face while he sneezed up a storm.

    "I'm apparently allergic to pet ACHOO- hair..." He muttered annoyedly.

     Oh god I'm never getting a pet!!
_________________________________

     A few weeks later it was the evening of my 22nd birthday and I was sitting alone by the windowsill.

     I wish I had a pet of some sort...mostly a cat...but Byakuya hates animals and is allergic on top of it! It's impossible!

     Just then I heard a small sliding sound.

    A box was being slid across the floor to me.

    I looked to see Byakuya giving me a thumbs up across the room.

    I unwrapped the gift and opened the box's lid to see a little black and white kitten!

    "Happy ACHOO- birthday dear!" Byakuya sniffled.

     "But you're going to get allergic reactions all the time! Why'd you do this!?" I asked, cradling my new kitten in my arms.

     "Because I love you ACHOO- and and ACHOO- would do anything for you." He sneezed with a smile.

    "Thank you so much...but real question, want me to go buy you some allergy meds?"

    "Yes please."