[15]

Angelica's POV |

As a few weeks flew by, I got comfortable in the shop. I became social with all of my coworkers and I was even able to sketch more. Since I'm already experienced, they said I'll stay an apprentice for 2-3 more months instead of a whole year.

Vinnie seemed to talk to me a lot more, and I enjoyed it. The way he looked at me while we were talking just made...butterflies. Talking on the balcony became a hobby. We enjoyed each other's company while looking at the city.

However, Danica is stuck by Vinnie's side. Although it was unprofessional, she would visit him non-stop. The more she visited, the more I understood her dislike of me.

Danica would prove she didn't like me in childish ways. Like dramatically rolling her eyes at me and giving me stank stares.

I would mostly ignore her stares but today, she seemed different. As I was leaving my shift and walking to my car, I noticed Danica.

Her sunglasses were shading her eyes as the smoke from her cigarette trailed and expanded into the air. I hated the smell of cigarettes so I quickly began walking away.

"Anggie," Danica shouted my name, catching my attention. She exhaled from the cig before dropping it on the ground and stepping on it.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" She sounded so genuine and a bit troubled. I softly exhaled before walking up to her.

Ughh, the smell of the cigarette...

"What's wrong?" I asked trying to block the disgusting scent.

"Well, since you understand Vinnie and I are in a relationship, I see who he hangs out with. I see the way you look at him and it's clear you have a crush on him-" she continued going.

"W-what?" I stuttered hard on my sentence feeling my stomach fall to my ass. Me and Vinnie?

"And with that being said, I have to ask you to refrain your distance from him. Think about how I feel seeing a girl crush over my man?" she talked over me.

My mind was almost throwing up. My vision began to feel a little dark, but I quickly shook my head and regained myself. I let her sentence process in my mind and I sort if would understand in her point id view. But at the same time, I would trust my man.

"Uh sure.." I agreed feeling very uncertain.

Danica threw her arms out and hugged me with a pat on the back. This is so awkward...

***

Once I finally finished my night routine, my legs moved, forgetting my deal from earlier. The moonlight shone through my glass balcony door and my eyes wander out into the night sky. Should I obey a girl who hates me, or ignore her?

No matter how close I pressed my face against the door like a damn crazy head, I couldn't see his balcony. So, there was no telling if he was out there waiting for me.