28 Kylie Mature

I wasn't surprised when Vander came up behind me, because I had heard him coming. He nibbled at my neck, heat wandering down my body to pool in the place where I wanted him more and more.

Instead of taking it further, he pulled back. "Sorry, I can barely resist you."

"Don't be sorry," I said, turning my head to look over my shoulder, "But, if you don't want me to burn your house down..."

"I would prefer you did not. But I'd still adore you if you did."

"You're terrible," I said, as I flipped the grilled cheese I was cooking. Vander scooped some soup into a couple of bowls and carried them to the table.

"You think so?"

"I know so."

"Just wait until you see how bad I can be."

"Hope you can cash all those checks your mouth keeps writing."

"Oh, just wait until you see how good I am at cashing checks."

"You're such a dork."

"Ouch."

"But, I guess you're my wolf's dork."

"I like the sound of that." In spite of my words, he didn't really look like a dork, he looked delicious. Maybe I was the one getting tired of waiting. I was sure the only thing stopping him was concern for my wellbeing.

I didn't want to distract him from his work, but soon...

Once lunch was ready, we both sat down at the table. I took the seat next to him this time. My wolf wanted the nearness, and so did I.

—————

That evening, we sat on the couch and watched television. I was only half paying attention to the show, thinking about whether or not I should initiate something with him, when those familiar pains began again.

I tried to hide them, but he quickly figured out what was happening in spite of my attempt. "Kylie? Not again?" He swore, as I nodded.

"Just keep your hands on me, please, Vander."

He did as I asked, rubbing my back as the next pain wracked me. I didn't know what Alpha Gavriel was trying to prove with what he was doing to me. Maybe he was making a point about how he did not need me, or maybe he had put me entirely from his mind. I would not have cared if it did not hurt me. Between the two of us, it seemed I had been the one who had to bear all the pain. It was unfair.

"Vander, I want you to kiss me." I crawled up onto his lap and straddled him.

"Aren't you hurting?"

"It won't make it worse."

"If you're sure."

"I'm sure."

He brought his mouth to mine and kissed me. I flinched at the next pain, but before he could break our kiss and put his concern into words, I spoke into his mind. "Please, don't stop."

"Just promise you'll tell me if you want me to."

"I promise. But right now, I don't want you to stop. Not at all."

"Not at all?" The question was clear.

"Not at all."

I thought Vander would immediately move because he got my meaning, but he kept his mouth on mine, and his hands where they already were on my back. I shifted my pelvis against him, as encouragement. He ignored that, too, just sweeping his mouth invitingly against mine. Aggravatingly slowly.

I tensed with the next pain, although it did not seem as bad while he ran his mouth along my neck, again nipping at the alpha's teeth mark in my flesh. I sighed at the feeling, and even more as he finally ran his hands down my back to grip my ass, pulling me more firmly against him.

The craving for his flesh only grew, and I moaned as his hands slipped under my shirt and slid up my front. Just before my breasts, he met my eyes. "You're sure?"

"I'm sure. You're my mate."

That was all the encouragement it took for Vander to rest his hands over both of my breasts, kneading them with a growl of appreciation that I felt deep inside me.

Quite suddenly, he moved me off of him and stood up. I yelped a bit at the sudden lack, but then he swept me up into his arms and carried me to his bedroom, placing me on his bed on my back.

"I've been dying to do this since I met you," he admitted, and he pulled off my shirt, efficiently, but slowly enough that I could make him stop if I wanted. I did not want to. I propped myself on my elbows and watched him as he watched me.

His eyes swept over my bra covered chest, and he brought his mouth down to the cloth. I whimpered as I felt the heat of his mouth through the fabric.

Then, he unclasped my bra in the back, and I cooperated as he stripped it off of me. My nipples hardened through a combination of the cool night air and my desire for him, and it only grew as he used his hands and his mouth to work me up more than I ever had been before.

I craved him. This man was everything I wanted, maybe needed, and I could feel the evidence of how mutual the feeling was through our clothing.

Throat tight with nervousness, I moved my hands down to my pants, and I undid the snap. Noticing what I was doing, he stopped and watched me intently.

I wiggled as I pushed them down my legs, leaving myself totally exposed to Vander, and completely by my own will.

"You're beautiful," he said, his voice husky as his eyes ran over me.

I reached for his shirt and yanked at it. "You're not so bad yourself."

He helped me pull it over his head, exposing his toned torso. I ran my fingers up his back, relishing in the way he felt.

I was ready.