-𝟓- 𝖕𝖔𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖓𝖔𝖚𝖘 𝖕𝖚𝖑𝖑

*✧*✧*✧*✧*✧*✧*✧*✧

*✧*✧*✧*✧*✧*✧*✧*✧

9 𝙔𝙀𝘼𝙍𝙎 𝙇𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙍. 𝘼𝙂𝙍𝙄𝘾𝙃𝙀 𝙀𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙏𝙀.

Although not unusual, the sight of multiple members of the Agriche family sitting at the table to share a meal was one worthy of contemplation. Each month, the Agriche family (minus the wives) would share a meal. It was never missed. Unsurprising considering it is Lant Agriche's strict order, after all. Although far from an affectionate father Lant is a paranoid and thus meticulous ruler; the monthly dinners are away from him to remain constantly aware of what his children are doing.

At this given meeting, only Roxana and Jeremy are in attendance. Dion is unable to attend due to a mission, and Charolette is, presumably, too young and immature to garner her father's attention and interest. It was a small party, especially considering the abundance of Agriche's children, but even in her many years working at the Agriche Estate, Aurelia has yet to witness a meeting in which all the members are present.

The dining room, spacious but suffocating, was blanketed in a sheet of palpable tension. Some of the maids and butlers that lined the walls, stationed to cater to their masters' every whim, trembled silently. They could only hope the dinner would go by smoothly and quickly. Among the maids was Aurelia. She maintained her position behind the head of the family; Lant Agriche; her original master.

When she first entered the Agriche Estate, Aurelia did so as a member of Lant's personal staff. Through the years, her position shifted to that of Lady Sierra's maid. An irritating but necessary change; is what Lant referred to it as. Apparently, her position as the head of the Agriche family's immediate personnel garnered some attention that Lant did not appreciate.

The change had occurred only months ago, but Lady Sierra is undoubtedly the kindest and most merciful master Aurelia could ever hope to serve.

Nonetheless, despite her status and title as Lady Sierra's maid, Aurelia was still responsible for certain aspects of Master Lant's life. One of which happened to relate to food.

A steaming bowl of soup was set carefully in front of the Agriche family head. No verbal instructions were needed, Aurelia stepped forward and scooped a spoonful of the liquid into her mouth. She ignored the stares of the occupants of the room and resisted the urge to hiss as the scalding liquid burned her tongue and left a scorched trail along her throat.

For as long as Aurelia has known him, Lant has always been very adamant about having his food checked for poison. He was also stubborn in having her perform the test every time; an inconvenience Aurelia easily forgave due to the delectable foods she would have the opportunity to have graced her palate. Perhaps, in some sense, their background played a minor part in her acceptance of the theoretical, dangers and implications that came with the task.