The Perks of Being a Directioner

“Your insecure, don’t know what for…” His voice blared through the radio.

“Ugh, this song is on way too much! Please change it!” Casey looked over at me with her apple green eyes.

“Sure. Radio 1? I think Dan and Phil’s show is on.” I asked reaching for the knob.

“Yup, thanks Marie.”

I gasped, “Do you know what we should do?” I exclaimed, so happy I got the idea.

“What?!” Casey had a flicker of excitement in her eyes.

“A girl’s night! We can chill at my flat, watch old movies, do each other’s nails! Just like used to!” Casey parked her 1960s Volkswagen Bug in the parking lot to the book store.

“When? I’m free tomorrow after that interview we have. Wait tomorrow is Saturday right?” Casey started checking the calendar on her phone.

“Uhh, yeah, yeah today is Friday.”

“Okay than I will supply the food and come over at seven. Sound good?”

“Yeah, sounds great. Thanks for dropping me off.”  I grabbed my bag and shut the door. Seeing waving goodbye I waved back and walked up to the bookstore.

I entered the store greeted by the smell of old paper and magazines. Walking around the young adult section I heard screaming teenage girls. I decided to ignore it and get my usual coffee and magazine, but it got louder. I rushed over to the aisle where the source was and all I see is three teenage girls holding a book and jumping up and down. I tap one of them on the shoulder and calm them down.

“Excuse me, but can you please lower your voices. You gave me a fright with all of the screaming. I’m sure Edward and Bella end up very happy together.” I smiled motioning over to the book held in their hands like it was the last thing they had in the world.

“So sorry,” One of the girls with red hair said, “This is the new One Direction book and we just got so excited because, they are all just so…fit.” She giggled.

“I understand,” still smiling, “Just tone it down, yeah?”

“We will, sorry about that.” The red head smiled and resumed looking at the book.

 Well that ruined my mood, two One Direction things in one day…what is the world coming to? I heard more giggling and just decided to leave. I am no longer excited to buy my usual. I wonder around the store before finally leaving and walking home. My flat complex was only three blocks away and it sunny in London today, surprisingly. I walked through the streets of London happy to arrive home. I walked up to the complex and took the stairs to the third floor. I hum a tune to walk to and show up at my door. Only to find a letter taped to my door, with too much tape for anyone’s liking. The letter read:

                Dear girl lady woman young woman in 3H,

It has come to our attention that you like to blare your music. Please stop. You play it late at night and we can’t sleep.

Thank You,

Boys Guys Men Guys in 3I

I laughed. They are ones to talk. They can’t even deicide if they are boys or men! Much less what I am. I looked over to the door next to mine. 3I guys huh? I get my keys and unlock my door. Before I open my door, I un-tape the letter from my door and write a reply on the back of the note:

                Dear boys in 3I,

                It has come to my attention that I respond only to people who have the courage to talk to me about problems they have with me.

Have a good day and I hope you sleep tonight,

Young woman in 3H

I fold the letter and slid it under the door of 3I and walk into my flat. As soon as I walk in I turn on my KindleFire to iheartradio. I search through my stations until I find Ed Sheeran. I selected the station and ‘Firefly’ comes on. I plug my device into my speakers and turn it up a little bit past halfway. I looked at my clock of colors, green; five o’clock. Great, I can make dinner tonight. I get out a salad bag, pour some of it into a bowl, get some shredded cheese, and some cold chicken from the night before. Voila! Chicken salad with honey mustard! My favorite ‘cheap-e deep-e’ dinner! I grab a fork and my bowl and sit down at the table. I just finished saying grace when there is a knock at my door. I pause my music and answer the door.

“Who is it?” I ask in a sing-song kind of voice.

“One of the boys from 3I.” He says in a deep voice.

I look through the peep hole only to see a mess of brown curls. I sigh and open the door, waiting for the worst. “Look, I understand that you don’t—why are you only wearing boxers?” I cut myself off looking at his pink plaid knickers.

He looked up at me and all I saw were two electric green eyes and a boy-ish smile.

“Sorry, I needed to put on some type of clothing.” He says in a deep voice again with a slight laugh.

“You don’t need to do a super deep voice to sound manly y’know.” I say leaning against the door frame.

This kid didn’t have on clothes before he came to talk to me? God, I hope he’s not a nudist.

“What? My voice always sounds like this. I’m not like, trying to impress you, err, anything.” He said this as he started to flex and stretch his arms. I noticed the array of tattoos he had printed onto him.

“Nice ink poisoning. That will be saggy and gross when your sixty.” I say pointing to the sparrows on his chest.

“Aw, thanks for the heads up.” He put his arms down and just stood there.

“Did you want something, uhm, what’s your name?” I ask trying to think if he told me at all in the first place.

“Harry, Harry Styles.” He put his hand out for me to shake it.

“You said you didn’t have any clothes on before you came here?” I asked raising an eyebrow, staring at his hand.

“Yeah.” He gave me a confused look.

“I’m not shaking your hand.” I cross my arms and look at him. He stared at me than did a double take of his hand. I sighed, “Did you want something Styles?” I rolled my eyes and stood up from the door frame.

“Uh, yes actually, in response to the letter-” I cut him off looking at my food still at the table.

“Look Styles, hate to go but my goldfish is drowning. See you later?” I put a worried smile on my face.

“Oh yeah, sure, talk to you later. I guess.” He nodded his head like he understood. I closed the door and went back to my KindleFire. Before I could press play I heard Harry groan,

“Wait a minute! Ugh! Way to go Harry.” I chuckled knowing that he just figured that out.