Discovery

I was taking down that god forsaken tri-stand, well it was more as if attempting, when Liam came over.

“Hey love, want any help?” He crouched down next to me.

“Yes, that would be lovely, thank you Liam.”

“No problem, can I ask you a question?” He asked while adjusting the stand.

“You just did babe, you wanna try that again?” I raised my eyebrow and he laughed.

“Yes, well two questions actually. Number one, where are you from? Number two, are you doing anything later?” We finished with the tri and I was rolling up the back drop.

“Originally, I’m from America, moved when I was ten, lived in France till I was fourteen and moved to Britain. My parents went back to France but I stayed here. I am having a girl’s night with Casey later tonight. I think that answers your questions.” I smile and take the tri from him, “Thanks love, what about you?”

“Well, I’m from Wolver Hampton and moved to London to be closer to work. I was hoping to go out to dinner with a pretty girl but she’s busy.”

I put down the tri and backdrop next to my things and I can feel my face get hot.

“Careful Marie, you’re blushing,” Liam laughs, “Another time, yeah?”

“Sure Payne, you’re such a sweetheart.”

“Thanks love, do you need help carrying to your car?”

I smirk, “Actually my flat.” I bend down to pick up the backdrop, that stupid, stupid backdrop.”

Liam bent down to pick up the backdrop, “Your flat? Are you close?”

“Closer than you think” I smirk and look over at Casey adding, “Casey! Liam is going to help me carry the stuff back to the flat.” She was over with Harry and Zayn laughing and flirting.

“Sure thing hun.” She winked at me and I rolled my eyes. Oh Casey…

Liam leads me out of the flat and out into the hall, “So do you want to use the stairs?” He asked already heading in that direction. I shook my head no and walk to my door. I’m about to take out my keys when Liam says something surprising, “This girl is such an annoying neighbor, I’m surprised they haven’t kicked her out yet.” That stung, but nonetheless I opened the door and walked inside.

“The backdrop goes in here, Payne.” I say opening the closet door. I look over at Liam whose mouth is trying to form words and face was completely pale.

“Marie- I didn’t- Marie -so sorry. That was, sorry, that was so rude of me. My, gosh Marie.” He kept stuttering and I kept giggling.

“It’s okay Payne, after the note I sort of had that coming.” I said and took the back drop and put it back in its place. God forsaken piece of-

“I really am sorry Marie.” Liam looked at me with eyes that just made me want to hold him and comfort him.

“It’s alright Liam, really, no tears see?” I bat my eyelashes and smile.

“I love your eyes, their blue yeah?”

“And true.” I reply with a giggle.

“Let’s go back to my flat; I’m sure Casey might need some help.” Liam says smiling.

 “Sure, let’s go.” I agree walking out of my flat with Liam and closing the door behind him. 

As Liam and I walked into the living room, all I hear is laughter. I could tell which was Casey’s right off the bat; high strung and bubbly. I heard Niall’s laugh next and smiled at its rhythm. Harry’s laugh was warm and low, very inviting. Louis and Zayn were in perfect sync of high and low. I cannot believe I just described their laughter.

“Then, bless her heart, she said “So, that’s a yes on the fries?” And the poor bloke just walked away!” The group laughed with Casey as she finished the story of how we met. My face felt hot because of pure embarrassment. Basically what happened was I was at a café when out of nowhere Casey came up to me and boosted my self-confidence so much I asked out on of the cute waiters that worked at the café. In the process of doing so I tripped, fell, and food landed on me. Casey helped me up and got me cleaned off and has been my best friend ever since.

“Oh! Marie! There you are! We were just talking about you! The guys have invited us to dinner and I think we would love to attend!” Casey exclaimed.

“Uhm, Case,” I said walking up to her, “We already have plans.” I reminded her.

“Oh, yes, you’re right.” I smiled with relief, until she continued. “Well, we could just reschedule.” She said smiling back at me, “Our new plans are to have dinner with the boys, yeah?” I could feel my face drain. I am not a very social person. Most of my friends I’ve met through Casey and I’m still awkward in public.

“Great! It’s settled! We shall meet you back here at seven!” Casey said taking my arm.

“Why don’t we pick you ladies up?” Zayn asked with his honey like eyes staring into mine.

“Because I live next door.” I stated getting out of Casey’s grip.

“What, like, the next building?” Zayn laughed.

“No, as in I’m the young woman in 3H.” Everybody stopped smiling and stared at me in surprise. It was kind of creepy with their eyes going wide.

“I’m sorry, what?” Louis asked with an edge. 

“I’m the person who plays their music to loud. Sorry.” The loudest silence I have ever heard seem to have lasted forever.

“Well, tanks for apologizin’.” Niall said shuffling his feet.

I smiled, “I will try to keep it down from now on. You all seem like very nice boys and I would hate to be enemies’ with my neighbors.”

They all just looked at me for a while and finally smiled. Casey was slowly but surely backing away. A chorus of “ahw”s was made and I was in the middle of a hugging sandwich, group, sort of thing, of affection.

“Apology accepted babe.” Louis cooed somewhat near my right side.

“That’s great guys, but I would really like to breathe again so…” I wheezed trying to break free. There were murmurs of ‘sorry’ and I saw Casey, she was fuming. But of course she quickly smiled afterward.

“Well this is just, fantastic! We should go out to dinner to celebrate! See you gentlemen at seven?” Casey asked as she dragged me out of the flat. We said our good byes and went back to my place.

“I call dibs.” Casey exclaimed as soon as the door shut. I swung around and looked at her with a smirk on her face.

“You’re calling dibs…on an international boy band? Casey, you can only claim one.”

“Since when are you the expert on the dib rules?”

“Since I actually want to know who is still available. I mean Zayn and Louis are taken, so yeah.”

“Fine I call dibs on Niall…and Harry.”

“Casey! Only one!”

“What do you call dibs on Niall or Harry?” Casey walked to my kitchen probably making food.

“No, I just, ugh, rule breaker.”

Casey laughed at my stutter, “Okay, so who do you call dibs on? Liam, yeah?”

I stared back at her with a blank face, “No, I don’t call dibs on any of them. I just want it to be fair for all the other girls in the world and hope that you can share…I guess.”

“Okay…babe you want food? Oh wait; we were supposed to go shopping weren’t we?”

“Yeah that was kind of the point of girl’s night, which is now being invaded by boy bands and restaurants.”

“Sorry, but I mean, One Direction.”

I raised my eye brow at her, “I don’t get your point…I never really have. Ya nut.” I smiled, “so are we really getting ready for this thing or what?”

a/n-sorry its short but i figured that I should update and such...vote? fan? comment? love you xx