The Neighbors House

The annoying sound of my alarm clock woke me up at frickin’ six in the morning. I don’t work on Saturday’s. And I being me forgot to unplug my clock last night. I got out of bed ever so slowly and practically pulled myself to my calendar on the wall. ‘Interview w/1D’ was written in red pen on today’s date. I groaned. Harry Styles, One Direction, boys living together, go figure. I took a bath and got ready for the interview, jamming out to Imagine Dragons. Before I could even eat my breakfast there was a knock on the door. It was like GOD didn’t want me to eat.

“Who is it?” I asked totally monotone.

“Who do you figure?” Casey replied monotone as well.

I open the door and Casey came bursting in yelling at me. “How could you not tell me?! I mean no wonder you wanted girls night at your flat. It makes perfect sense!” She flung her arm wildly making me so confused.

“Clam down, now what are you talking about?” I asked making her and myself a cup of tea. 

“I received One Direction’s home address from HQ. Remember? So we can go do the home interview today, anyway, they live RIGHT next door to you. It is, like, two flats together and super luxuries I heard.” She beamed and looked around my flat.

“Gee thanks, best friend. But it is no shoebox either.” I gestured to my living room, “You’ve been here before, and you know what I mean. And I just found out this morning slash last night that they live next door. Sorry for not telling you something I didn’t know.” I took a sip of my tea and glared at her. Casey took her tea and added sugar to the vanilla brew.

“It’s like, eight in the morning, I can’t get you to come over when I need you for work this early. Why are you here? The interview is at ten.” I said still glaring at her over my mug.

“That’s a load of rubbish.” She sighed putting her tea down and dissolving the sugar in the tea with a spoon.

“Well since you are here so early, can you select and print the questions that the fans sent in for the interview?” I gave her a fake smile and turned on my computer.

“With pleasure dearie.” She put on a cat-like smile and sat down in front of the computer to do my work. I went into my work closet and got out lights, back drops and cameras. After a while of just hearing typing and clicking it became way to quiet and way to of an awkward atmosphere for me. I turned on my music to ‘Hanging by a Moment’ by Life House to fill up the empty silence, playing it loudly of course. I went back to the closet and plugged in and checked every single light, I selected a backdrop for the boys; black and white checkerboard, I checked SD cards and batteries, and finally went to go check up on Casey to see how she was doing.

“Are you almost finished? It is 9:30.” I asked coming up behind her.

“Almost, can you turn on the printer for me?” She asked not taking her eyes off the screen.

“Sure thing.” I walk over to the printer and thought about how today would go. Yes, Harry will recognized me, but should I act surprised when I see him? I walk over to the paper Casey came storming in with this morning and dialed the number. Ring. Ring. Rin--.

“Hello?” said a very groggy Harry.

“Hello! And good morning! This is Marie Hart calling about the interview today at ten. I’m just calling to let you know that my crew and I will be there at ten as promised.” I said in my preppy go lucky voice.

“Um, erm, okay. See you in twenty min—TWENTY MINUTES?!?! Guys!!! Get up NOW! Uh, thank you. See you soon!” And he hung up; making enough noise I could hear it through the walls. I chuckled and got the printed questions from the trays. I put the questions on the desk asking Casey to help me with the camera and lights.