Chapter 4

EMILIO

Trigger warning: self-harm

⋐ ♬ ⋑

"Cherry, Hello!" the woman who is interviewing us says. Earning a hello back from every one of us. The interviewer is a petite beta. She has brown long hair reaching right below her shoulders with bangs covering her eyebrows. She has on an all-black outfit. Holding our new album securely.

"How are you all?" she asks looking down at the album in her hands. Damion being the respectful alpha he is the only one answering with a simple good.

"I have done nothing but listen to this for the last twenty-four hours" she says holding up the book. I mumble a quiet "why" making the boys laugh while Damion thanks her and gives me a stern look.

"The thing that struck me most about this wonderful album has to be the cover, and you Damion all shirtless on it. you definitely grabbed my attention there mister" the woman says, holding up the album at the camera pointing at Damion laying shirtless on a sofa in between the rest of us. The boys snicker and respond while I simply stare at the picture in a slight trans.

"and quite a lot of nakedness on your part" she says, smirking at Damion, making me feel a little spawn of jealousy. I have no right to be jealous but I can't help it. It's like a stabbing pain hearing her talk so seductively to him while not even sparing us others a single glance.

After a while, she drops the flirty act towards Damion making the atmosphere lighten through the rest of the interview. The surprisingly large studio soon being filled with enjoyment and laughter from us all. The boys as usual find some sort of way to mess about a bit, making the interview the least amount of professional, which I absolutely adore. We end up playing some sort of game that the beta women had planned. We also talked a bit about the album and our private life before the interview slowly comes to a warp.

After the interview, the interviewer moves to sit beside Damion, making me send her several jealous glares. I can see the way her lips move in a seductive manner as she whispers something in his ear.  Her hands move towards his body sending flirtatious touches to the unimpressed alpha. She gives him a small piece of paper before giving him a kiss on the cheek and walking off set making sure to sway her hips.

"well seems like someone set for tonight" Zion says with a raised brow with a hint of humor lasing in his smooth voice

"Nah, don't think so" Damion says

"what why?!" Mason says almost In shook

 "not my type" the alpha shrugs

"now that right there is some big ass bullshit, I have seen the women you bring home. She is definitely a rightful candidate" Zion says

"if you like her so much, fuck her yourself but I'm not going to" Damion says getting annoyed.

"Jeez man, no need to get angry" zion says holding up his hands in a surrender

I know it's not right, but somehow I feel relief fill my body knowing I don't have to spend my night in sadness and jealousy at the thought of them together. Damion is my best friend, not my mate. I'm not meant for him to love. This unrequited love I have for him is one of the worst feelings imaginable. The pain of becoming attached to him in a way that isn't mutual is so unbelievably painful.