Second Life: The beginning Preview

Chapter One 

"Help me!" Her panicked voice rang through the air. Caspian threw his arms forward swimming towards the sinking boat. Water crashed against him, threatening to drag him down as well. His vision blurred as another wave crashed into his face. His love, Victoria, clung to the drift wood that had been floating by, her lips turning blue from the cold water. Her hair wet and sticking to her forehead, her body shook violently as water crashed around her. Caspian's heart sped as he pushed harder to get to her, using every bit of strength he had left. Suddenly the sea crashes overhead yanking Victoria from the surface and dragging her deep into the sea. "Victoria!" Caspian called out in horror, his body freezing up in shock.

Caspian jolted awake a film of sweat covering his body. His chest heaved as he attempted to catch his breath. Running his hands through his hair he lets out a deep breath followed by a sigh. This was the third nightmare he had this week, the same one that haunts his memories. The first day he lost his beloved, Victoria. Even after all of these years he still could not fill the hole that weighed heavy in his chest, no matter how many times she had come back. The last time he found her she had been murdered by a serial killer, fate played a cruel trick. It was now 25 years later which meant she has been reborn, reincarnated into someone new. Yet she always looked the same, curvy in all the right places, long curly brown hair that shimmered in the light. Full plump lips that he wanted to kiss all night, smooth mocha skin, beautiful brown eyes that he could gaze into all day, and the personality of an angel who was kind hearted and caring. How he missed seeing her, feeling her, caring for her. Caspian had been unlucky the last couple attempts he made in saving her, each much worse than the last. But none of them compared to the first time he lost her, they never would.

Caspian threw his legs over the bed promptly stretching as he left the comfort of his bed. It was bright outside, the sun seeping through his blinds and warming the usually cold room. Caspian groaned, he hated sunny days, they reminded him of her. Leaving his room Caspian grabs a towel from his closet along with clothes that he would be wearing for the day. After a quick shower in shave Caspian was dressed in black slacks, a white button up dress shirt which was tucked into his pants, his gold watch, navy blue striped tie, and his favorite pair of black loafers. Running his hands through his black hair he smirked at his appearance. Caspian was not average looking, in fact, many of the women at his job threw themselves at his feet on a daily basis. But Caspian only ever had eyes for one woman, even though his heart shattered every time he lost her.

Striding out of his home with a cup of coffee in hand Caspian slides into his black BMW SUV and zips out of his driveway. Caspian's phone rings grabbing his attention, picking it up he answers quickly. "Cas, where are you?" A voice boomed through the line. "Relax, Alex, I am on my way. I woke up a little late this morning. Do not worry." Caspian sighs. "You better be here soon, the new secretary you asked me to interview is here. I am sure you are going to like this one. She's got some spunk." Alexander Green, Caspian's co-CEO, and also his best friend of ten years chuckled through the phone. "What makes you say that?" Caspian raised an eyebrow questioning in his tone. "You'll just have to see when you get here man, and you might want to hurry. Jackson is already hitting on her." Alexander ended the call with a click, earning a groan of annoyance from Caspian. "That bloody fool." Caspian grumbled as he proceeded to speed to work.

Arriving at his building Caspian stepped out of his SUV passing his keys to the valet in the process. "Good morning, Sir." The valet greeted. "Good morning, Charles. The misses doing alright this morning?" Caspian asked, giving the older man a warm smile. "She is doing so much better thanks to the surgery. I couldn't thank you enough for paying for it. We will forever be in your debt." Charles smiles, Caspian only shakes his head in response. "Do not worry about it. It was my pleasure. I am glad to hear that she is doing better." Caspian smiles once again before turning and heading inside. He may have looked like a cold man, but he was indeed passionate about many things. His centuries on the earth have made him appreciate everything there is to life, having lost friends himself, along with a lover.

As Caspian strode through the building, he said his 'Good Mornings' to his staff. As usual the women swooned as they did every morning. Stepping into the elevator he pushed the button to take him to the top floor where his office was. The elevator carried him up through various floors before stopping on the tenth floor. The doors slid open and Caspian strides out making a beeline towards his office. "Cas!" Alex's voice called out to him. Caspian stopped in his tracks letting out a heavy sigh as he turned to his business partner. Next to him stood the love of his life. She looked the same as she did the last time he encountered her.

Her heart shaped face, full plump lips, smooth brown skin, bright hazel eyes, and short curly brown hair. The woman wore a black dress pants that flared at the ankle, the pants hugged her curves giving that already curvy body the appearance of an hourglass. Along with her dress pants she wore a pale blue button up and a pair of classic black heels with a strap wrapped around her ankles. "This is the secretary I told you I hired." Alex began smiling down at the beautiful young woman. Caspian's chest ached as every fiber in his being was pushing for him to feel his mate. Caspian nodded slowly his face completely stoic. "It is a pleasure to meet you Mr. Frost. I am Stephanie Wright." Stephanie smiled brightly at her new boss holding her hand out for a hand shake. Caspian's heart skipped a beat as he looked upon the young woman, she was the same as the last time he saw her.

"It's a pleasure." Caspian said plainly, ignoring the younger woman's hand. hurt washed over Stephanie's face quickly before her composure set back in place. Caspian took a subtle breath, Stephanie's scent washed over him. It was her unique scent and how he was able to identify her, the scent of Lavender and vanilla. A shiver ran up his back, his heart speeding and pants growing tighter, he had to get away from her and quickly. "I'll be in my office. Do not disturb me for the next thirty minutes." Caspian bit out turning on his heel and walking down the hall to his office. With his higher senses he overheard Alex mentioning something.

"Don't worry about him. He can be a bit of a grouch in the morning. Everyone knows he just needs to get laid." Alex spoke quietly to Stephanie with a deep chuckle. "Sir." Stephanie spoke firmly as if scolding him. Caspian groaned at his idiotic friend and his big mouth. He supposed as thankful as he was to have such a good friend, nothing was wrong with getting revenge at a later date.