Chapter 6 - Don't Come a Knocking (but's he's not Flirting lol)

- Chapter 6 - Kath and Jack Are Not Soulmates -
Warnings: None really? Slight nerves, but nothing else
Third Person POV

Davey, Les, and Jack start clapping when Medda strikes a pose, signalling that her song ended.

Medda blew a kiss to Jack when she finished and Jack blew one back.

Medda waved to Davey and Les, so they waved back as well.

When Davey looked back at where Jack had been standing, he was gone, confusing Davey slightly.

Jack told Medda what a wonderful job she did, before asking who the girl that had caught his eye was.

Medda smiles, pat his shoulder, and whispers, "Why don't you go find out?"

So, Jack ventured up to her box.

The girl immediately saw him as the Bowery Beauties started singing 'Don't Come a Knocking'.

"Hello again." Jack smiles, standing next to her.

Her mouth hung open slightly. "This is a private box!" She tells him.

"You want I should lock the door?" Jack asks with a small grin as he gestures to the door.

The girl merely rolls her eyes at him.

"Twice in one day," Jack starts, sticking his hands in his pockets. "You think it's fate?" He asks excitedly.

The girl shoos him off. "Go away, I'm working." She grumbles, looking back at her notepad.

"Ooh, a working girl!" Jack looks curiously at her. "Doing what?" He asks.

"Reviewing the show for 'the New York Sun'." The girl responds, annoyedly gesturing to the show with her pencil.

"Hey!" Jack grins. "I work for 'the World'!" He exclaims.

The girl pretends to be interested. "Ooh, somewhere out there someone cares!" She gasps in fake excitement. "Go tell them!"

Jack chuckles. "The view is better here." He states, looking over the box.

His eyes almost immediately found Davey.

"Please go," The girl was half pleading, half super annoyed by this point. "I'm not in the habit of speaking to strangers." She tells him.

Jack scoffs. "Then you're gonna make a lousy reporter." He responds.

The girl rolls her eyes.

Jack turns to face her, sticking his out. "The names Jack Kelly!" He introduces himself.

The girl stares at his hand, before looking back up at him. "Is that what it says on your rap sheet?" She asks.

Jack chuckles, letting his hand drop to his side. "Ohh, a smart girl." He stares at the stage, smiling. "I admire smart girls. Beautiful, smart, independent-"

The girl stands up quickly. "Do you mind?!"

Multiple guests bang on their box, startling the girl into sitting back down as they shout.

"You got in for free, at least pay attention!" Medda scolds, but Jack could tell that it was partially a joke.

"Sorry, Miss Medda." Jack apologizes, a cheeky smile on his face.

The girl scoffs as Medda nods approvingly, going back to watching the show.

"Let's skip straight to the point," Jack starts.

The girl looks up at him.

"You're definitely not my Soulmate." Jack states.

The girl nods. "My name's Katherine." She informs him.