𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

NOTE:  Hey! First of all; thank you so much for all the love. I appreciate it a lot! Second of all; another chapter on! Please, let me know what you guys think about it!

Enjoy!!

________________________________________________________________________________

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 was as pleasant as the first ones. I got up late, as usual, and hurriedly got ready. If I was lucky, which usually was not the case, no teacher - aka, Professor McGonagall - was going to delight me with a twenty minutes lecture on how my uniform should be in order.

I stuffed some random books into my backpack and hurried off towards my first class, searching through my bag for my schedule as I ran. Unfortunately, or not, I had slept through pretty much all of my morning classes. It might be due to the fact that I was up until four am finishing a book... Anyway. I was starving, late and would miss lunch.

Today is going to be a great day.

I was under the slight impression that it was Defense Against the Dark Arts, but not sure. Finally, I found the crumpled and nearly torn parchment attached to one of my books at the bottom of the bag; I took it out and scanned my schedule.

Well, my suspicions were, unfortunately, accurate.

It would be DADA with that lunatic they were trying to make me call a teacher. I sighed, rubbing my forehead thoughtfully.

Maybe, just maybe, I was overreacting. I have been described as dramatic before, so there was a tiny possibility I was making a huge deal over nothing. Besides, there was always the hypothesis that it was just a wrong first impression. Right?

Yeah, that makes sense. Maybe, Moody's years of service had successfully driven him mad. It was possible if what they say about him was true. Who knows, perhaps he was a better teacher than expected?

With a patient sigh, I crept into the room, settling myself at the end of the class behind some other students, just in time to hear the man say what the activity of the day would be.

To my surprise, Professor Moody had announced that he would be putting the Imperius Curse on each of them in turn to demonstrate its power and to see whether they could resist its effects.

Completely. Nuts.

"But - but you said it's illegal," said Granger uncertainly as Moody cleared away the desks with a sweep of his wand, leaving a clear space in the middle of the room.

"You said - to use it against another human was -"

"Dumbledore wants you taught what it feels like," said Moody, his magical eye swivelling onto Hermione and fixing her with an eerie, unblinking stare.

"If you'd rather learn the hard way - when someone's putting it on you so they can control you completely - fine by me. You're free to leave. Off you go."

He pointed one gnarled finger toward the door. Hermione went very pink and muttered something about not meaning that she wanted to leave. I snorted a laugh and leaned against the wall, watching the teacher closely.

Moody began to beckon students forward in turn and put the Imperius Curse upon them. I watched as, one by one, my classmates did the most extraordinary things under its influence. Dean Thomas hopped three times around the room, singing the national anthem. Lavender Brown imitated a squirrel. Neville performed a series of quite astonishing gymnastics he would certainly not have been capable of in his normal state. Not one of them seemed to be able to fight off the curse, and each of them recovered, only when Moody had removed it.