[ 1 ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙼𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

"Don't worry, Amias. You'll be fine! It'll be just as we practiced." Amara, the red-haired goddess of love soothed her apprentice. In a few minutes or so, her young charge would be unveiled as the new god of love, allowing her much needed retirement after nearly 3000 years of service.

"But, mistress-"

"Hush, it's Amara now, remember? When Cyrus finally proclaims you as my successor, we will be more than master and student. We'll be equals!" Amara exclaimed with a flourish while patting the soft strawberry blond curls of her soon to be former pupil.

Before Amias could fathom a reply, the sound of heavy boots clinking on the marbled floors echoed throughout the Temple. Conversations between other gods and goddesses dwindled down into hushed whispers as a figure wearing full body armor stepped inside the Temple. A heavy-looking battle axe was strapped at the figure's back, casting a dangerous clanging melody among the silent audience.

"What a rare sight, the warmonger amongst people?"

"Did she have to bring along that axe of hers?"

"I heard she was planning yet another war. I pity the mortals."

"Silence, she might hear you!"

The crowd parted like the red sea when the figure made to approach the altar, right where Amias and Amara currently stood.

Amias was stunned, here was the legendary goddess of war herself, the "Harbinger of Death". Not only is she one of the original gods, she was also the one responsible for slaying the Dragon of Doom and for ending the Thousand Year War. He has never actually seen her before but here she was now, walking right towards him!

Positioning himself to bow, he was instead stunned when his teacher, Amara, squealed in delight, "(Y/n)! I haven't seen you for decades!" and proceeded to wrap the armored figure in a tight and fierce embrace.

The armor-clad woman made no move to return the hug, you simply patted her on the back before stepping back to regain some space. "It's nice to see you too, Amara. I heard that you were finally taking your well-deserved retirement?"

The red-haired goddess beamed, "Yep! I think 3000 years of experience is enough excitement for me. I don't know how you can keep doing it, (Y/n)."

"As one of the original gods, it is my du-"

"Uh-huh, I know. As one of the original gods, it's your duty to uphold your responsibilities." Amara sighed, "I just hope that you know how to take a break once in a while."

"I do sometimes take a break, you know."

"Well, it isn't enough!" Amara crossed her arms, before remembering Amias beside her, "Oh! Have you met my successor yet?"

"No."

Amara shot an expectant look towards Amias. He straightened up and gave you his brightest smile, "My name is Amias, ma'am. I am honored to meet your acquaintance!"

The large, intricate helmet sitting atop your head suddenly melted away, revealing (H/c) colored hair and sharp (E/c) eyes. "A pleasure. You may call me (Y/n)." You scanned Amias with a critical eye, causing him to flush. "And you are to be Amara's replacement?"

"Hey! Don't be mean, (Y/n)!" Amara huffed.

You rolled your eyes, "I wasn't being mean, I was simply asking a question." Turning back to Amias, you raised an eyebrow, "You have big shoes to fill in. I hope that you're prepared to take on this role."

Trying to contain the raging blush on his cheeks, Amias nodded determinedly, "I promise to give it my all, ma'am!"

"I'll be looking forward to it then." You glanced towards a quietly amused Amara, "I leave you to your preparations for the ceremony, until next time." Giving one final nod, you left to talk to some of the other attendants.

Amara turned towards her younger companion, "I hope that you weren't too intimidated by (Y/n). I promise that she's actually nice once you get to know her!" Expecting him to look subdued, she was surprised at the overjoyed expression on his face.

"Amias?"

Sighing blissfully, he gushed, "She's so cool! And beautiful!" Dark purple eyes twinkled in admiration of the famous goddess. "She's so smart and strong at the same time!"

Amara giggled, amused at her student's obvious puppy crush on her longtime friend, "Ah, young love." Even though she was about to step down, the matchmaker within her would always remain, "Wait until (Y/n) hears about this." she snickered to herself, watching Amias go on a rant about your countless virtues.

---------------------

*H/c - hair color
*E/c - eye color