[ 9 ]

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚂𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚜

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Today was not a good day.

Your current batch of apprentices had finished training this morning but from where they stood right now, none of them have yet to become worthy of being your successor.

That was the first out of many problems you had encountered thus far.

Your shield, Satella, was still out of commission as you were told by your fellow god and regular blacksmith. Euna and Touma -separately, of course- still insisted on visiting your domain every week, asking for plans and updates. Then just a few hours ago, a few of your servants and guards had been discovered missing.

And if your instincts were right, which they always were, it might become worse.

"Mistress War, Mistress War!" A ghostly hand waved frantically at you. It was one of your spirit guards.

"Hm?" You side-eyed the spirit as he tried to match your fast pace. Slowing down, you turned to give him your full attention. "What is it?" You hoped it was important, as you had a meeting to attend. One of the most powerful empires in the mortal world had threatened to unleash chaos, causing several other countries to form an alliance and ask for your interference.

"You asked us to keep a report on the god of love's whereabouts." The poor spirit bowed his head to the ground, unable to maintain eye contact with your intimidating form. "W-we would just like to inform you that earlier this morning, he once again tried to force entrance to your domain."

"I see..." Your eyes darkened. When the other Horsemen had advised you to keep your distance from Amias, you didn't believe them at first. While love and war were seemingly opposing ideals, you had always gotten well enough with the bearers of the title.

But alas, they insisted and you agreed to keep your guard up. "Continue with what you're doing for now. When you see something suspicious, report to me immediately. Understood?"

The spirit swiftly saluted at your order. "Yes, ma'am!"

"Dismissed." You returned to your brisk walk as the spirit guard slowly disappeared into thin air. Summoning your magic, you called on your armor as a light enveloped you. Familiar gold-plated armor appeared, seamlessly attaching to your form. A large helmet covered your face and a ringing in the air signaled the arrival of your weapon.

"Sigrid, come." You put a hand out to your side, never breaking your stride as you did so. After a few seconds, your legendary axe flew down from the sky. With practiced ease, you caught it and smoothly strapped it to your back.

Nearing the gates to descend below to the mortal world, you braced yourself for another day as the goddess of war.