008

| Drugs | chapter eight

| Had to give in, couldn't give up

I just want you, but I don't do drugs |

jaden's pov

i wake up in a uncomfortable position, i remember nessa and i fell asleep in the car because it was too late to drive home. i tap the black haired girl but she just groaned and repositioned herself on the car seat.

"nessa wake up." i say in a slight whisper, i gently shake her which got her to get up. "i know you're tired but we should go home."

nessa rolled her eyes, "you could've woke me up when you pulled up at my apartment." she rubs her eye lids, then her green eyes land directly on me. i can tell she gets lost for a moment. she looks away, "let's go."

i nod, we sat in the car in a comfortable silence, she was looking out the window with her arms crossed in front of her chest, leaning against the door. it wasn't obvious at first but now it is, nessa has feelings for me. although it's wrong for us to have fallen for each other there was no way to help it. it came naturally.

plus, even though we like one another there's not a chance either one of us would act on it. it's be risking to many friendships for a relationship that doesn't exist. nessa cares deeply for mads, she wouldn't dare make a move.

neither would i, josh and i have be best friends from the jump. there's no going back from his and i friendship.

i pull up to nessa's house, she yawns before waving goodbye. "wait." i called out just before she entered her apartment. "can i stay for a bit? i'm really tired to be driving." nessa shrugs, i got out of the car, locking it then following the girl up to her house.

"i'm kind of hungry." nessa said before yawning again, she begins to make breakfast for the both of us. after she set my plate and her's down. we ate in silence not knowing what to say. "i like you J." nessa spoke up randomly.

i turned to face her, a slight smile grew on my face. i chuckled then look directly into her eyes, "i know." i respond. she looked shocked.

"i know you like me too. pretty obvious." nessa shrugs. "guess we were both obvious." she added, i nod slightly laughing. nessa softly placed her hand on her cheek, looking at me like i'm her person. i know nessa deeply cares for mads, but maybe i was wrong about her not going to make a move.

she starts leaning in with her eyes closed. my eyes widened, no matter how much i wanted nessa. i knew this was wrong, it'd be breaking way to much hearts. i pull her hand off of my cheek and stepped back from the girl.

her smile dropped faster than ever, "did i miss something..?" nessa questioned. i shook my head softly, gazing right into her green eyes.

"nessa there's nothing we can do." i start off, "this is so wrong on so many levels. we both know that." i concluded.

"yeah but we're always thinking about them. what about us? ourselves?" she scoffed, i still shook my head.

"no." i say softly, i let go of her hand, quickly leaving her apartment. there's so much i wanted to do with nessa, i know i left her now but obviously, i'll be right back to talking to her by tomorrow. she was a drug i couldn't give up.

but some drugs are illegal for a reason.