💙Chapter 18💙

Death is like a robe everyone has to wear.
~African proverb.

"Babe." I said excitedly when I saw Xavier waiting for me. I became so accustomed to finding him waiting for me that I expected to find him in the usual place he waited for me in.

"Hey babe." He answered, looking at me as though he observed something different .

I smiled at him and kissed his cheek. If we were going to keep pretending, we needed to make it very believable. I noticed him blush slightly and then he gave me his award winning beautiful smile.

" You look amazing today Luna."  He said abruptly. I was trying my best to keep the smile from forming because I did not want him to notice I was flattered.

I wanted to say thanks but he interrupted me." You always look amazing everyday but today you just look more amazing." He said hastily, as though he was trying to explain himself.

I laughed at his explanation . He seemed really shy when trying to admit it and his shyness was just adorable. I could feel myself blushing. All those compliments forced a grin across my face. I couldn't hide it anymore.

"Thanks." I answered him and he seemed like he was ready to say more but he got cut off suddenly by the sound of a voice from the speakers in the corners of the hallways.

"Can all students kindly assemble in the auditorium for an important announcement." The principal said causing many students to murmur .

"An assembly?" Xavier mumbled in a low voice. He seemed shocked that they called us for announcements.

"You guys don't assemble all the time?" I asked shocked by his response . In my old school we always went for assemblies every week so it was quite shocking that ever since I had been in that  school, we never really assembled together for school announcements.

"We don't . It is even strange to me that we have been called." He said perplexed ,trying to understand what was happening.

"I guess it must be a really important announcement."

"Yeah it must be. I guess we need to go to the auditorium immediately." He said grabbing my hand.

We walked hastily until we arrived at the auditorium. It was very large and at the  front was a podium with really huge speakers.

We came in very early so we were in front waiting for other pupils to come in and when the auditorium got completely filled up we waited for the principal to enter.

The principle walked in with a huge grin on his face. He seemed rather excited which was strange because I expected him to be sad.

"Good morning everyone." He said placing the microphone near his mouth.

"Good morning Sir." We all said in unison.

" As you can see, your principal is very happy and can not wait to share the good news with you." He said with a large grin on his face.

"Well, yesterday some very intelligent pupils participated in a math competition with other schools and they worn, bringing as a big trophy."

When I heard him talk about the trophy, I knew what he was going to say next.

"Xavier Martins, Luna Dawns and Kyle Carter can you please come to the podium." My heart skipped when I heard him call my name.

I wasn't one to be in front of large crowds and so the thought terrified me. I looked at Xavier and he didn't seem terrified. In fact, he liked the idea of it because he was smiling.

"Let us go Luna." He whispered to me and grabbed my hand. I was very anxious and my anxiety kept building up as I stepped on the podium.

Both Xavier and Kyle stood with wide grins plastered on their faces while I looked very tensed up.

I glanced at all the pupils and I could see each and every one of them which really scared me. I tried to release my anxiety by breathing in and out.

"So these are the brilliant pupils that brought us this beautiful trophy. Can you please give them an applause. They deserve it."

The sound of loud clapping echoed in my ears. It really released the anxiety I was feeling; it brought a smile to my face.

I could see everyone applauding and I felt very accomplished to hear the sound of it .

"I encourage you guys to form many clubs and try joining competitions like these lovely children here." He continued. "Okay, now that the announcement has been said, you can all go to class. I wouldn't want to delay you." The principal said, dismissing all of us.

Everyone excitedly exited the auditorium while we stayed on the podium with the principal waiting for the other pupils to go.

"Hey Luna." The principal said, startling me.

"Hey Sir. " I answered perplexed at the fact that he wanted to talk to me.

"I am glad you are a student at this school." My eyes widened and a grin slowly formed on my face.

"Why?" I asked, trying to comprehend why he was making such a statement.

"Because you are already contributing to the school's productivity. Rarely do new students do so." I grinned widely at his statement .

"Thank you Sir." I answered him with a huge smile still plastered on my face.

"I just  hope you keep being a good student . Mr. Jackson has said a lot about you and how smart you are." He complimented making me even more happy. It is nice to be recognised by the principal himself.

" You have to go to class now or you will be late." He said when he noticed my silence.

"Okay." We all answered him.

" Kyle and I need to go for Physics class which is not so far from here. So I guess I have to say bye for now babe. See you at the cafeteria ." Xavier said, kissing my cheek.

"Okay." I answered him with a smile on my face.

"You love birds are annoying." Kyle said, rolling his eyes. I giggled at his statement . Love birds?

It was funny how convincing we had become at pretending that everyone thought it was real;That we were love birds.

I watched Kyle and Xavier depart in another direction then I started off to chemistry  class.

Just when I thought I would meet no one in the hallways, I was shocked to see people I had not seen in a long time.