5

Schizophrenia cannot be understood without understanding despair.

-

As soon as Vic was tranquil, Kellin helped him up and drove him back to the hospital as fast as he could. He was, in the end, worried. Panic attacks aren't something you should leave be, especially with someone who already has another problem in their hands.

Once Kellin and Vic were back inside, Kellin said goodbye to Vic who was escorted by a worker back down the wing where his room was located. With a sigh, Kellin went back up to the desk, greeted by the same lady who was there before they left.

"He had a panic attack at the movie theater. I didn't really know what to do, but I got him to calm down and... I just don't think it's normal for him to have all these things happening to him. Is it a side effect from his medication?" Kellin questioned anxiously, looking back at the workers concerned expression.

"Well, actually... Mr. Fuentes isn't on medication..." She replied meekly. Kellin raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"But, schizophrenia is a serious illness, you can't just leave him without medication." Kellin explained.

"His parents haven't signed the papers for us to prescribe him any sort of medication."

"Well, they need to, do you have their numbers by chance?"

"I can't give out their numbers." Kellin huffed in annoyance. Of course they couldn't. "But their number is in the phone book." The nurse added on.

"It's fine, my mom has their number." Kellin replied before hurrying out the front doors to his car. He drove home as fast as he could, trying to think of exactly what he wanted to say to Vic's parents. The situation was really awkward, because Kellin doesn't like to interfere in strangers' lives, but after seeing what Vic went through at the movies, he knew he couldn't leave everything be as it is right now.

When Kellin was home, he didn't hesitate to barge into his mom's office. Initially she was startled because she thought she was home alone and Kellin didn't present a subtle entry.

"I need Mrs. Fuentes's phone number." Kellin said, getting straight to the point.

"Can I ask why?" 

"I just need to talk to her, now." Kellin replied hastily, sighing when his mom pulled out a piece of paper and wrote down her number before handing it to him. "Thank you." Kellin breathed, taking the paper from his mom before walking out on the porch. It's pretty obvious that Kellin was anxious about calling a complete stranger, but like stated before, he couldn't afford to not call either.

"Hello?" A lady picked up on the other side of the line. Her voice was raspy, kind of like Vic's was, though she was a little softer at the same time.

"Hi, is this Mrs. Fuentes?" Kellin went with since he didn't know her first name.