16

Monday rolled around, except it was slightly different from the others. Kellin was excited and anxious for the day. That morning, he made sure to make himself appear at least a tiny bit more presentable before hurrying to his new job. 

 Once at the office, he was greeted by some employees who handed him some papers. It told him about his schedule which seemed pretty hectic. It was basic at the same time, though; Monday through Friday, eight to four. 

 After that, his basic training came into effect, except it was more complex than basic training. Kellin knew nothing whatsoever about bank work and accounting. He'd have to learn quick, which was what was making him so anxious. Kellin never was fast at learning things. 

 After he finished the first day of training, it started to click with Kellin how much effort this was going to take. Silently, he cursed his dad for making him do this. Soon after, he let the thought vanish and hurried over to the hospital to see Vic. 

 "Hey you." Kellin spoke as he entered Vic's room as usual. Vic looked up from his book, smiling immediately. Silently, he placed the book on his side table and propped his pillows up. Kellin made his was to Vic, leaning down and pecking his lips softly before taking a seat in the chair. 

 "Hi, how was your day?" Vic responded kindly, giving Kellin all of his attention. 

 "Surprisingly good, how about yours?" 

 "Boring." Vic retaliated within seconds, both of them laughing after. Without a doubt, they both knew he was going to respond with that. "Anyway, let's not talk about me. We always talk about me. I wanna hear about you and your job." Vic threw in nonchalantly. 

 "Um... Okay, well... I work weekdays with regular hours, which is eight to four. And on the weekends I'm all yours." Kellin flirted, leaning over and kissing Vic again. It was a natural instinct; Kellin could never get enough of his lips. "Besides that there's not much more to tell. I have to go through this weeks training and next week I'll be working by myself." 

 "Are you excited?" Vic questioned, another smile creeping onto his lips as Kellin shook his head at him, chuckling a little. 

 "Somewhat. It's kind of similar to the feeling you get before taking your driving test. You know you're prepared, yet you're so scared of messing everything up." Kellin explained. 

 "...I've never taken a driving test." Vic admitted sheepishly. Kellin assumed he didn't have a license, but he found it hard to believe he never even had one at a time in his life. 

 "Really? Why didn't you take drivers ed when you were fifteen?" Kellin asked inquisitively. 

 "I took the written test which I passed, but around the time I was turning sixteen all these symptoms... They just came and went every day until they stuck with me." Vic explained, reminscing the times he'd sit in class and suddenly black out before thinking the rest of his period was a dream. "M-My grades plummeted. I went from an ace student to a D and F kid." He added on as tears started to well up in his eyes. "Sorry, I-um... Just memories that are starting to make sense. After I was diagnosed I went off the deep end, and I never really understood anything up until now." 

"Don't apologize, this isn't your fault. In fact, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked." Kellin regretted his question once a few tears fell from Vic's eyes. Before Kellin could reach out, Vic had already brushed the tears away. 

 "No, it's okay. You deserve to know." Vic retaliated hurriedly, reassuring Kellin who nodded silently. "I don't want to shut you out anymore. My whole life I've been secluded, and then you come into my life and it all changes." 

 "That's a good thing, right?" Kellin joked, earning a small smile from Vic. 

 "Definitely... I don't know what my life would be without you." Vic admitted quietly, sitting up more on his bed as he felt tears building up. It hurt to imagine how much worse he'd be today. Hurriedly and soundlessly, Kellin got up and pulled Vic up from the bed, holding him close as Vic started to cry on his shoulder. His whole shirt could be soaked in Vic's tears and he wouldn't care. 

 "Shh, it's all okay now." Kellin whispered in Vic's ear, kissing it softly after. A relieved sigh escaped Vic's lips as his fingers clutched onto the back of Kellin's shirt. 

 "I'm sorry," Vic apologized without thinking. "It's just that... I don't know, you mean so much to me and I just love you so much and-" 

 "W-Wait... What?" Kellin interrupted him, pulling him away slightly. Vic looked back at Kellin, his brown eyes flicking from Kellin's eyes to his hands which he took into his. A sad smile formed on his lips as Kellin stood there before him, almost like he wasn't breathing. 

 "I-I love you." Vic repeated, holding Kellin's hands a little tighter as his heart raced. In fact, both of their hearts were racing. Vic never even realized he admitted that, but he had been thinking about it quite a bit; Love. It was a dangerous feeling, but yet there was no other emotion Vic wanted to feel. Vic wanted to be in love with Kellin. 

 Slowly, Kellin let go of Vic's hands and walked around a bit, unsure of what to say. He, on the other hand, hadn't been thinking about love so much. Vic frowned. He screwed up, didn't he? 

 "I'm sorry..." Vic apologized again, taking a seat on his bed as his heart sank. If Kellin really did love him back, he would have said it by now; Both of them knew that. Kellin's mind raced as he hardly paid attention to Vic. 

 "...I need to go." Kellin replied softly, looking up at Vic who looked somewhat broken on the bed. "Hey... Hey, don't be sad." Kellin urged him, walking over to him before kneeling in front of him, cupping Vic's face in his hands as he gazed into his eyes. "Don't be upset, I'm not leaving you... I promise." Was the final thing Kellin said before pecking Vic's lips tenderly, pulling away and hurrying out of the hospital. 

 Never did Kellin believe Vic would fall in love with him, let alone that fast. They hadn't been together for very long, but it was starting to process with Kellin how well they know each other. In the end, time didn't decide when you fell in love. It all came down to how well you knew them and if they were there for you. 

 Kellin knew very well that yes, it was rushed, but that didn't make the emotion any less meaningful.