{🍇 Chapter Two 🍇}

"I want it that way."

You pulled up to your humble winery with the three gorgeous and mysterious strangers

You pulled up to your humble winery with the three gorgeous and mysterious strangers. No quicker had you arrived than a great gust of wind pushed through the grapevines and fences, unexpected of September weather but it marked your arrival nonetheless.

"(Y/N)! I needed you to bring back some money from town, not whatever the fuck these three are!" Your father grumbled, strutting up to the carriage with all the might a life of lowly peasantry could bring.

You gulped slightly before facing him in his angry mood, "Father I wish to accompany these three ladies on a journey to-"

"You must be fucking kidding me! You, wandering off on your own at the busiest time of year? I don't think so!" Your father takes a deep breath before angrily turning towards your three companions, "With a fucking bunch of weird looking strangers! Get these damned wenches gone from here!"

"Father how darest you call them that!" You exclaim, reeling back from him and instead, leaning towards your new companions defensively, "I have already agreed to be their guide and I shan't go back on my word to them!"

"Sweet lady we are sorry for causing so much grief for your poor father, please allow us to handle this," Came the honeyed voice of Amalthea, her chestnut eyes looking at you and oh, it was quite flattering, "It is your choice, however."

"Yeah we're like so diplomatic it hurts! But not as much as it would hurt to live without you-" Frici begins trying to flirt again, slightly more poetic than earlier. However, like earlier Gale groans and bonks the top of the red head's bun.

"Well, I..." You meet Amalthea's charming dotted eyes again and oh, it's quite compelling, "I suppose you can talk to my father- there's no harm in proving yourselves to him."

"Thank you, sweet lady," Amalthea turns towards your father and begins speaking. A sort of sadness washes over you with the loss of her eyes meeting yours but you brush it off to talk to your dad.

"Please winemaker, allow me to make our case."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You tuck your father into bed and sigh slightly before turning apologetically to the other person in the room, "I'm sorry milady, it's unlike him to suddenly come down so sick like this."

"It's fine fair lady, perhaps this sickness was caused by the strange air on the vineyard? One must be careful with air these days," Gale says, almost guiltily for whatever reason before sighing and turning to the carriage outside, "We should leave this bad air behind us, it'd probably be best to set off now."

Gale's soft hand takes your slightly worn hand and you both begin walking to the carriage, "Dost thou suppose the wagon is ready?"

Frici and Amalthea had agreed to load the wagon ready for your travels while you and Gale tended to your suddenly sick father. It was nice having so many hands around.

"Hm? Oh yes, we three work quickly Lady (Y/N), don't forget that." Gale says and her words ring true as the wagon is all set up, Frici getting comfortable in one of the front seats and Amalthea tending the horse.

"Oh (Y/N)! Are you all ready to leave now? You can sit next to me! I mean uh, thou can resteth next to thineself!" Frici says, smiling and gesturing to the front. Oddly enough for medieval times, her smile is radiant rather than missing several blackened and yellow teeth. Not that you're complaining.

"Oh, alright!" You smile back and take the seat offered. Amalthea and Gale boarding the back not long after, "Are you ready to go to London miladies?"

They all respond to various degrees of yes and you take the reigns of the horse and begin leaving the vineyard.

"Wait, wait! Hark! Mine love!" You hear a nasally voice call out and would you look at that, Bartholomew is chasing the wagon at his unimpressive top speed.

"You have a lover sweet lady?" Amalthea asks concerned and Frici looks devastated from next to you. Gale keeps her eyes on Bartholomew and it appears she isn't pleased either.

"No- no nothing of the sort, Bartholomew's just a greasy bastard who can't take a no!" You say, angrily taking a second to glare at the blonde bastard before picking up the carriages speed.

"Can't take a no?" Gale says, very, very unimpressed, "Surely he should know to respect consent and understand that it is freely given."

"Yes, he does sound like a greasy boy," Amalthea declares disgustedly, "It is time he met his Ajax."

"Oh, I get it! You mean greasy as in a play on Greece! That's very good," Frici says before realizing, "Sorry, that doesn't spoil the joke- I mean jest, does it?"

"No," Gale says stormy and Bartholomew stops running, doubling over to cough and cough and cough much to your three travelling companions amusement.

You smile a little at his shortcomings too, though you hope it's just exertion and not the same weird illness your father has. Your journey to London is just starting after all and it'd be a shame to return to an unattended vineyard.

It is.

The wagon continues along the dirt path and if this was a Pixar movie, the promise of your destination would bring the promise of Funky Town. But this isn't and sadly, London brings the promise of sickness.

 But this isn't and sadly, London brings the promise of sickness

A/N that's that then. Hopefully, no ones coming across as yandere but people dying is sort of a staple of that. Not that the father and Bartholomew are gonna die of the plague or anything 😳😳

But no! Healthy normal romance but sadly Frici, Gale and Amalthea can't help but spread disease to everyone they come in contact with.

Hm, why is (Y/N) immune to that then?

968 Words