{🍇 Chapter Four 🍇}

Waking up at the ass crack of dawn had never felt nearly half as pleasant as it did now, engulfed by the last of summer's warmth and the embrace of three beautiful women

Waking up at the ass crack of dawn had never felt nearly half as pleasant as it did now, engulfed by the last of summer's warmth and the embrace of three beautiful women. Ah to be you, (Y/N). Lucky bastard.

No one is awake yet apart from you considering the three sailors jetlag... Wait no boat lag? Planes don't even exist yet. No matter, the relaxation of the moment is all that matters. Just serenity and peace and freedom from being off the vineyard. 

That is until Frici's head accidentally falls from your shoulder and onto your er, bosom, as the redhead rolls over. Luckily she stays asleep.

Unluckily Gale does not.

Like some might 6th sense has been activated, her copper wire eyes begin to glare before they've even been properly opened and she raises her arm to strike the unsuspecting, un-awake ginger.

Or make that awake ginger actually. Frici smirks with sleepy half-lidded eyes looking up from your er, boobies, and with the smuggest morning voice to grace the dawn says, "Hey now, I'm just trying to respect literature. May you sleep on the breast of your tender woman companion, y'know Sappho?"

Gale uses her actions to speak louder than words, shoving Frici's nose face-first into a random cheap inn pillow and holding it there as muffled complaints begin to emerge from the disgruntled gay.

You move away from the two and through sheer force of laughter end up moving the covers of the last one your companions to wake up. Oh.

"Now is hardly the time to smother each other," Amalthea says, all three of you going still and quiet as the captainess sits up and stretches two tanned arms, "Breakfast should always come before any fighting."

"We paying for breakfast here?" You ask, sitting up like the broke bitch you are considering you don't really have money because it's the medieval times and you're a peasant.

"No we shouldn't here, the food will be contaminated by now," Gale says casually before covering her mouth with both hands and this time, with guilt in her voice says, "Oops."

"Contaminated?" You ask, looking over the brunette's slightly pale complexion. This... Bodes well.

Now free Frici springs up and forces out a laugh, "Hahaha, how funny Gale. What a big word haha. Nothing disease-related going on here."

"On the contrary!" Bartholomew cries, bursting through the door, all a blur of buboes and blonde hair, "Tis a disease!"

"Oh for fucks sake. Has this creep always been crazy, Fair Lady? Following you to London like a dog," Amalthea says, standing up from the bed and offering you a hand to get off it too.

You take the hand but let go when Bartholomew starts screeching.

"A dog?! How dare you say that to me wench, when you, yourself carry foreign plagues like an imported mutt!"

Amalthea raises an eyebrow and Gale pulls out a sword from a scabbard left beside the bed for the night, "Who do you think you are then? Talking to her like that then?"

"Bitch." Frici finishes the sentence, pulling out a sword as well.

Were they always carrying so many swords?

"I think that you are the reason half the town is dead!" Bartholomew says and after a brief, dramatic pause, "The other half is dying!"

You gasp, but none of your companions seem that surprised. 

"This inn too! I enter and see sick people all over the place!" The blonde man starts crying at this point.

"You have a bit of snot there," Amalthea points at his nose before twisting her wrist and giving him the bird, "Now fuck off."

"I will! Seeing this inn is all the proof I needed! I plan to go straight to London and warn them of you and your- your blackened souls and the death you have brought here!!" With a fresh and no further acknowledgement to you, Bartholomew runs off out the door.

"Blacked souls and death? What a close guess actually," Frici says into the awkward silence that follows Bartholomew's exit.

You blank, mind fumbling over what to say next. You have so many questions but all that comes out is, "The Black Death?"

Mr Worldwide.

Halloween special coming soon, whose exiciteeeed?

711 words wooo