"This was a mistake"

2x18

"Uh-who is this guy, Safari Sam?" Klaus muttered as he rummaged through Alaric's small closet, searching for something to wear.

Hope stood in the kitchen with a glass of water in her hand while Katherine sat tensely in the center of the room.

Hope raised an eyebrow.

"Who's Safari Sam?" She questioned. Katherine shot her a look. Who the hell was this girl? And what the hell was she doing here?

"God, why do I even try? Ok, bad, or badder?" Klaus annoyedly asked, holding up two of Alaric's button down shirts and waving them in front of his chest.

"The dark color suits you better." Katherine stated without a moment of hesitation.

"Oh, thank you honey. Ok, PopQuiz. The dagger and white ash are in the Salvatores' possession, correct?"

"The dagger was used to kill Elijah. You'll find him in the basement of the Salvatore house." Katherine replied.

"Ok, that dagger needs to stay exactly where it is. Last thing I need to do is resurrect Elijah. That guys a buzz kill."

Hope swatted Klaus in the arm as she walked past him.

"Don't be mean." She pointed her finger at him.

He only rolled his eyes but listened nonetheless.

Hope set down comfortably on the couch, completely oblivious to the dark brown eyes following her every movement.

"Don't forget you're on the outs with your girlfriend Jenna." Katherine stated softly.

"Right. Elena's aunt. For all the lies about Isobel. What else?"

"That's it." She replied quickly.

The tybrid was starting to get a bit annoyed. She was already bored of being cooped up in Alaric's tiny apartment.

Hope was startled out of her thoughts when Katherine let out a strangled yelp. Hope watched as the doppelgänger shoved a steak knife into her upper thigh.

Hope sat up and grabbed her bag. Klaus raised an eyebrow at her.

"And where do you think your going?" He quizzed.

She gave him a blank look.

"Out. I don't want to hear her screams all day. Oh, and can I borrow your credit card please?" She pleaded, with the big blue eyes he gave her.

"I don't know..."

"You want her to suffer, right? Well, if she annoys me I might just kill her. Then you can't torment her for eternity or whatever." She said dismissively.

She held out her right hand, waiting for the card with a dazzling smile.

With a small huff of disbelief, Klaus walked over to the kitchen counter and pulled out the shiny platinum card.

To say Katherine was shocked by the interaction was an understatement.

Hope snatched the card out of his hand before he could change his mind.

"'ll be back later" she yelled over her shoulder while slamming the door behind her.

***
Hope spent most of her day at the falls. I didn't take her long to explore the town, nothing had truly changed 20 years from now.

For some reason she couldn't shake the gut retching feeling about the sacrifice. She knew Elena would live, but it didn't help quiet her conscience.

Elena Gilbert was born to die, just like her.

She sighed. The clawing guilt almost made her gag.

The sun had already disappeared from the sky, leaving a starless night in its wake. Hope decided that tomorrow she would come back to the quarry and turn.

Just as Hope gathered her things, she heard it. A small jumble of low pitched whispers spreading out around her ears.

Abomination.

"Fuck you too." She scoffed, continuing to walk through the woods.

***
Bonnie Bennett's body laid on the floor of the old melancholy house. The candles lit up as the spirits whispered.

Jeremy turned his head towards his girlfriends body after he heard her breath a slow intake of air. He jumped when she started to scream in pain, clutching her head.

"Bonnie!? Hey, what's happening?!!" He yelled over her loud cries.

Bonnie suddenly stopped. Her breaths coming out of her mouth in short puffs.

"The sprites, they said a name." She gasped out.

"What? What are you talking about? What name?" Jeremy questioned frantically.

The look of dread washed over Bonnie's features as she stared him in the eyes.

"Hope. They said that Hope was here." She paused for a moment.

"And she will kill us all."

(A/N): hey guys!!! Soooo the first few chapters are going to be boring because the real story starts in season three. So just bear with me!
-Cj <3